WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello G-Shockers!

Do you guys think that those fun and funky Baby G deserve some Wrist Time for us male?

If you guys have one please share some photos.

I'm planning to get one for myself.

Cheers.

· Registered
88 Posts
I don't think so. They are just to small. There are a view color-schemes who will fit us dudes, but on the other hand in that case there is also a bigger more masculan alternative (as in normal G-shock).

· Registered
21,545 Posts
Return to the babies what belong to the babies.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your opinions.
Hahaha.

The idea to buy one occurs to me when I couldn't get my hands on one of the nowadays hard to find DW5600-BB.
When I found one, the price would be way to high for a 5600 series.
So I was looking for another alternative.
And as I was hunting for something similar, I found Casio's BG 5606-1 and BG5601-1B.
I thought they look nice.
Thats why i was planning on getting them.

Here's a few picture on how they look.
Watch Analog watch Digital clock Black Watch accessory

· Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,225 Posts
Originally the Baby-G models (named after the nickname of the DW-500) were meant for people that wanted a smaller G-Shock. Actually, just before the first real Baby-G model, Casio released G-Shocks that were pretty small. Some of these models were released a few months later as Baby-G. So, Baby-G is not really only for women, although in the last few years, Casio is marketing the Baby-G more and more for women, with more and more models, that would not even attract a man. It seems that Casio compromised men that wanted small watches with the Club-G and G-Shock Mini models. Bear in mind that in Asia the average wrist size is probably a lot smaller than a wrist in Europe and the US.

11.5 years ago, time passes fast!

Cheers,

Sjors

· Registered
6,255 Posts
Some Baby G's look great and I have occasionally contemplated getting one. But what have stopped me is the small size (anything below a 5600 in size is just too small) and also the text baby G on the bezel have stopped me from getting one.

There is a unisex G-Shock mini lineup that I would rather get if I were looking for something extra small and cute.

I do not condemn a man wearing a baby G, I do not react negatively if I were to see a man wearing one, it is just not for me.

· Registered
5,670 Posts
My only problem with these watches is the Baby-G part. Just like I won't wear a T-shirt with "Girl Power" on it, I won't wear a "Baby-G" watch.
Get rid of that on the bezel and I'm fine with the watch.

· Banned
1,690 Posts
GS mini and BG are good ideas, but yes, the BABY and MINI text on the bezel is a bit hard for a guy, not to mention Keisha! I would respect someone more though, if they were wearing a discrete BG or GSm on 6 inch wrists than if they were trying to pull off a GA-100 or whatever. I see many people wearing stupidly large watches lower than their wristbone, with jacket sleeves at their fingertips and trousers 5 inches longer than their legs, resulting in a puddle of cloth at their feet, often hypnotically and compulsively playing a game on an iPhone. I look at them sometimes and wonder what they think of me with a 5600 series on 7.5" wrists, jeans with a 1 inch break and sneakers first released in 1966.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
My only problem with these watches is the Baby-G part. Just like I won't wear a T-shirt with "Girl Power" on it, I won't wear a "Baby-G" watch.
I'm with LUW. It is not meant for me if it says Baby-G on it.

· Registered
115 Posts
I see what you're saying but "Baby" doesn't exactly mean "girl".
Sometimes I think it would of been better if they called them "G-shock Jrs"

· Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm sure back when the line was created, there were some men or women out there who wanted G-Shock toughness and functionality without being super huge. (Times change, so does acceptable watch size. The 40mm chronographs (presumably Navitimers or Speedmasters) worn by the early astronauts were described as "enormous" in "The Right Stuff".)

Nowadays, a watch the size of any G-Shock (which tend to wear small anyway) is not considered gauche unless you're wearing when you should be wearing a dress watch. Thus, the Baby-G is not really necessary for men anymore.

It's not a small wrist thing either. I have incredibly slender wrists (6.25") and have no problem with anything smaller than a GX56.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.