WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Tittle says all I think but : Does the dw-6900E-1ER has a hardened mineral glass ? I know that almost every Casio has mineral ,but in this particular model , is it hardened ? Hardened of course equals stronger. Thanks for all responses ! Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Digital clock Strap

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Effectively, all mineral glass used in modern watch crystals is 'hardened'.
I must disagree with You Tribe . I had recently bought a watch for sport . The HDD-600 wich comes from heavy duty series from Casio . And it has not hardened glass . You can scratch the glass just by touching mineral with your nail. That's why I were asking about this glass .
Peace

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Effectively, all mineral glass used in modern watch crystals is 'hardened'.
I must disagree with YOU Tribe . I recently bought a sport watch wich comes from heavy duty series from Casio - HDD-600 . The watch does not have the hardened mineral glass . You can scratch it just by pressing your nail against the mineral . Peace

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
If you can scratch the crystal with your fingernail, then it's probably acrylic and not mineral (not surprising on a $20 watch).

This DW-6900 will have the same mineral crystal as other Gs - no harder or softer.

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Well, I'm a fan of acrylic crystals - the scratches can be easily buffed out with cell phone display polish and it's more shatter proof. It also looks better IMO. And on a mechanical watch if the mineral crystal breaks, not only the glass is damaged but in most cases also the face of the watch and the movement if glass pieces get inside the movement. On a watch with an acrylic crystal this can't happen.

Greetings, Sedi :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts