WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I really enjoy about my D Sub 1 is the bezel action. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to go back to faint, whispy, vague, back playing bezels again. This leave me wondering as I look at the DC 80/86; Do Damasko use the same bezel mechanism across all their ranges?

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,687 Posts
They look different but bezel action is identical.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
The ball bearing system is used on several high end watches and is awesome. However, it makes popping off the bezel to clean impossible from my experience.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
210 Posts
My DSub1's bezel is fairly stiff. I've rotated it under running water to try to clean it, but it hasn't helped a whole lot. I got the watch used and it's been this way since I got it so not sure if that's how they all are or not. Is yours stiff?

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
It depends on your definition of stiff? It should have enough resistance that it does not turn easily or accidently but it should be smooth in action and precise. It should have the same amount of pressure to turn the bezel every time you use it.

I don't know if that helps. I have had many dive watches and I would not call the Dsub bezel stiff. I would say it is firm and smooth. Not too easy and not too hard-just about perfect.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My DSub1's bezel is fairly stiff. I've rotated it under running water to try to clean it, but it hasn't helped a whole lot. I got the watch used and it's been this way since I got it so not sure if that's how they all are or not. Is yours stiff?
Certainly a lot firmer than anything else I’ve ever owned with a deeper and louder sounding click than the more commonly found click springs. The days of idly spinning the bezel when bored are over with the D Sub. I think it’s great.

I’d really like to see how it’s constructed.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have a damasko da 36 but i never tried the dsub models in damasko , but i have tried another german watch with same ball bearing mechanism ,and the clicks are great and solid ..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Bought my DA46 brand new and bezel is very stiff. Sent it back and came back almost the same. I'm in the minority but I am not impressed with their bezel action.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts