WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
G-shocks are one of the most versatile watches out there. whether it be for business, pleasure, outdoors, clandestine missons, spy missions, kill'em all missions, G-shock will always be there.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Now that is just a cool photo. And it does seem to put to bed the "G-Shocks and business attire" debate ;-).

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,582 Posts
That's a cool photo, I think I'll go with the DW-290's guys. It isn't a G-Shock, but very close, so probably Casio.

dudegalea said:
Well, doesn't this settle the "G-Shocks with business attire" debate?
Our tax consulent came by yesterday afternoon, to arrange our tax forms for this year. He was very business like dressed, but under his shirt he wore a very old (according to himself) DW-6600. Nothing wrong with G-Shock and business attire I think.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
it's an dw-290

·
Registered
888 Posts
so it's settled. the dw-290 will be nicked as the FBI model and unofficially adopted as a g-shock. but mah gawd what a strange looking polygon :think:

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
John Edwards also wears a Casio G-Shock (GW-300). Certainly, the rugged reliability is what these men appreciate. I wouldn't be surprised if the G-Shock makes more political and celebrity appearances soon. ;-)

·
Banned
859 Posts
If anyone gives you grief for wearing a G-shock while in business attire, just give them a spinning back fist to the face that will leave a G-shock imprint on their forehead. Afterall, the watches are shock resistant...;-)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I think it's a couple of things: 1, they probably don't care much for watches other than it's just something that tells time. 2, A lot of American politicians like to give the impression of being one of the people.

Look at Clinton. He wore a black plastic watch while in office. Now he wears quite expensive timepieces.

If you want opinions of those who aren't into Gs, just post these pics on the public forum with the question, "would you wear a plastic watch with a suit?". I can pretty much guarantee it won't get the same reception it gets on the G-Shock forum. ;-)

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
Funny thing is I have a Panerai, Baume & Mercier, Oris, and I still love my G's
I love my Gs too, but I wouldn't wear them with a suit, unless I had no other choice. I also wouldn't wear cheap shoes with a suit, or a cheap shirt and tie. To each their own.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I love my Gs too, but I wouldn't wear them with a suit, unless I had no other choice. I also wouldn't wear cheap shoes with a suit, or a cheap shirt and tie. To each their own.
After all this years and with all that free (well, ok, not quite free... he does have to babysit that 3 year old) time on his hand our beloved friend bruce is still trying to be a "true ladies man"... :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
I see it the same way. I can understand any of these political figures caught wearing a Casio on their day off, or when they're "off-suit". But when dressed up, wearing a fine watch is as essential as fine shoes. I think that today the acceptable "dress watch" is in a broader range, but certainly nothing made of plastic and definitely analog hands.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
After all this years and with all that free (well, ok, not quite free... he does have to babysit that 3 year old) time on his hand our beloved friend bruce is still trying to be a "true ladies man"... :-d:-d:-d
I'm working on becoming 0013 or something :-d:-d

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Folks there is more to it... as someone who lived in europe for a long time I can tell you that standards of dressing in US and in Europe are different.

In US little things like "who makes your shoes" , "where did you get your tie and shirt" do not really matter as long as you wear the suite...

In Europe however this is still a BIG deal... I doubt that you'll EVER see someome from europe wearing cheap watch with suite and a tie...

It goes further than that... American will orther pizza for the buisess meeting and see nothing wrong with it... Europeans will take you to a nice restourant and will NEVER and I mean NEVER order a "take out"...
etc...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.