WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not trolling ffs. I read the manual and it DOES NOT MENTION IT. That could mean yes or no. I tried to find Casio G Shock apps online, but none of them mentioned it in particular. This is a forum full of people who really know G Shocks. Why SHOULDN'T I ask here? IT is quite annoying and irritating to be told to "just read the manual" or "just Google it" when this forum exists. Why should this forum exist if everything can be googled? I ALREADY TRIED finding the answer, and I could not. Why are you all being such jerks to me? I am new at this. Why does this forum exist? Please just answer me that one question: Why does this forum exist if everything can be googled? I would like a serious, satisfactory answer, please.

·
Premium Member
8,207 Posts
I am not trolling ffs. I read the manual and it DOES NOT MENTION IT. That could mean yes or no. I tried to find Casio G Shock apps online, but none of them mentioned it in particular. This is a forum full of people who really know G Shocks. Why SHOULDN'T I ask here? IT is quite annoying and irritating to be told to "just read the manual" or "just Google it" when this forum exists. Why should this forum exist if everything can be googled? I ALREADY TRIED finding the answer, and I could not. Why are you all being such jerks to me? I am new at this. Why does this forum exist? Please just answer me that one question: Why does this forum exist if everything can be googled? I would like a serious, satisfactory answer, please.

Bluetooth is a pretty major feature. As in, the watches that have it devote significant instruction to it IN THE MANUAL. If it is not in the manual, that does not mean yes or no - it means the watch does not have that feature.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
If in your country you can receive the time signal (multiband feature), you do not need the Bluetooth connection, not present in your Mudmaster....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Questions like this make people think that you are either a troll/6 years old/seriously mentally challenged. Either way - not really fit for this place.

Read the damn manual FFS...

·
Registered
542 Posts
Casio is generally quite clear about functions their watches have. If it's mentioned on the watch face or caseback, it's 100% guarantee the funtion is present, if it isn't, it's not there.
On the GWG-1000 it stated clearly "Multiband 6" and nothing more.
For example, the GPW-2000 had the "Multiband 6" "Global Positioning System" and the bluetooth symbol.
Also, the G-Shock app lists all the available BT models Casio currently supports.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
If it doesn't have that funny little "B" on the face or back of the watch and/or an FCC ID, it doesn't have bluetooth.

I think there's some sort of FCC requirement to have that information somewhere on the device.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I am not trolling ffs. .... I ALREADY TRIED finding the answer, and I could not. Why are you all being such jerks to me? I am new at this Why does this forum exist? Please just answer me that one question:

Why does this forum exist if everything can be googled? I would like a serious, satisfactory answer, please.
Serious, Satisfactory Answer™
For those things that Google sends you here first for. And to share angst over 1st World problems.

Anyway, in their defense, this is almost literally the first thing you'd see (or not see) on the product page, it's something that would be listed right on the box with a pointy B, etc. It's kind of like asking if your car is a 2 door or 4 door. In any event, for the future, you could just go to the Master of G page, find your watch, and read the "full specs". If you really wanted to be thorough you could find other watches that have it and compare.

TUTORIAL

In your case, just to check since I don't have one, I clicked on a fancy looking Master of G, the Gold Tornado and it said:

* Shock Resistant
* 200M Water Resistant
* Triple G Resist (Shock Resistant, Centrifugal Force Resistant, Vibration Resistant)
* Mobile link (Wireless linking using Bluetooth®)
* GPS Signal Reception (auto or manaul) for time or time & position
* Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan, China)
* Blah blah blah

Then I went to your watch (or guessed which one), and I didn't see "mobile link" listed anywhere ... so just to double check, i then went to a Rangeman which I figure is pretty fancy and it lists:

* Mobile Link functions (world time: over 300 cities, auto time adjustment, One-Touch Time Adjustment, easy watch setting, phone finder, route setting and log data management in GPS navigation, tide graph, moon data); day and date display; full auto-calendar; auto LED backlight with afterglow: 1.5/3.0 seconds; battery level indicator; 12/24-hour format; airplane mode; button operation tone on/off; sunrise/sunset time display
* Solar powered system (solar-charging system), charging system compatible with wireless chargers (requires device with Type-A USB terminal)
* blah blah blah

Then I went to another GWG 1000 just to see and, nope, no mobile link listed .... thus in 30 seconds without a box or manual I determined BT probability = 5% at best. However in those 30 seconds I did notice the module is 5463 so did a Google search on that and found the PDF manual which I did a crtl-f on (find) and looked for "bluetooth" or "mobile". I found zero instances of "blue" and 1 instance of "mobile" that had nothing to do with mobile link.

Now, at this point I'm about 45 seconds into it ... so here's the advice for the future:

(1.) First, do your due diligence simple search of looking in the most basic of places - the above would constitute a tutorial for you

(2.) Next, do a quick box / docs check - major features will be listed there

(3.) Finally, if you do post here, let everyone know you've done your due diligence, concluded it likely doesn't have it, but maybe you missed something or there's a way to unlock a secret feature ...

... because that's what these forums are for and now you know how to use them and the internet

... and thus concludes your serious and satisfactory answer.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Why does everybody keep responding to the OP's obvious nonsense? Either he's an idiot, or he's a troll, or he wants to bump up his post count before selling something. Just ignore him and he'll get bored and go away. Put him on your Ignore List, or at least don't quote his posts then nobody will be forced see them.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Why does everybody keep responding to the OP's obvious nonsense? Either he's an idiot, or he's a troll, or he wants to bump up his post count before selling something. Just ignore him and he'll get bored and go away. Put him on your Ignore List, or at least don't quote his posts then nobody will be forced see them.
Comments yes but he keeps starting nonsensical threads.

He also quoted two of my comments, from a week ago, saying 'Just Google it'.

Some people need calling out, other need to be ignored.

·
Registered
12,308 Posts
Comments yes but he keeps starting nonsensical threads.

He also quoted two of my comments, from a week ago, saying 'Just Google it'.

Some people need calling out, other need to be ignored.
This is not yet at ignore time yet, more like play time in Romper Room.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

1 - 20 of 32 Posts