WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6 month old speedy and was wondering and hopingi if the lume will yellow and fade like many of the 321and 861's seen on this site, or has the lume they use now made of a composition so as it stays looking like new.
thanks in advance for your input:-!.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Ah, that lovely vintage patina

It's interesting that one of the proclaimed "advantages" of Luminova is that the color should not fade or age over time, yet some of us (it sounds like you are among us) really appreciate that nice patina that comes with maturity.

From what I've read, short of moisture exposure, your lume should stay just about as it is now. Something to consider is that Luminova can be mixed to just about any color. So, you could always have it relumed in a yellowed hue, to artificially age it. I'm sure opinions on that would vary, but it's certainly an option.

eric

·
Registered
704 Posts
Here's a quick comparison you can draw from a lume shot of my 7 yo SMP vs. a 1.5yo PAM90 which I understand both use superluminova.

Both had about 15s exposure held under a fluorescence lamp before I put them down, switched off the lights and took this pic. The lume on the SMP after 7 years still looks pretty close to the stuff applied 1.5 years old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts