WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my pammie friends, I'm just wondering before I throw the coin in for a new Panny. Does Panerai make a longer strap aside from the one supplied for larger wrists? My AD told me they do but I've ne'er came across anyone in this forum mentioning anything about this strap?

·
Registered
259 Posts
They sure do! Standard is 115/75, and it doesn't fit me well, but they make a 115/90 that fits a lot better. Look at all major forums and you will eventually find one, it'll run around $100 without buckle.

If it's your first Pam just keep in mind, the rubber strap will likely get little use once you start getting your strap on... :) (vintage aftermarket leather straps)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FYI my wrist size is 7 1/4". I find that most of the luzury wrist watches comes with strap that are abit too short. I would prefer to have a balance of at least 1" strap left after comfortably strappin it on.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I agree, my wrist is about 7.5", and I find most factory straps are made for children. :)

Which is why I, as I suspect you will too, have been having straps made to order, it's fun! :)

I like to wear my watches loose, so lately I'm ordering in 145/90. Fits comfortably on the 3rd hole. Just ordered a 145/90 honey hornback gator from Ted Su last night. :) All my Pam straps are vintage or sporty, thought I should at least have one dressy strap.

Here's my new 312 on a Heroic 18 vintage leather strap. (150/90)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree, my wrist is about 7.5", and I find most factory straps are made for children. :)

Which is why I, as I suspect you will too, have been having straps made to order, it's fun! :)

I like to wear my watches loose, so lately I'm ordering in 145/90. Fits comfortably on the 3rd hole. Just ordered a 145/90 honey hornback gator from Ted Su last night. :) All my Pam straps are vintage or sporty, thought I should at least have one dressy strap.

Here's my new 312 on a Heroic 18 vintage leather strap. (150/90)

Lololol that 'made for children' part is hilarious.

·
4,076 Posts
My wrist is 7.5", as well. For leather I prefer aftermarket, mostly because I think Panerai OEM hide straps are ridiculously overpriced.

I have the standard size comfort rubber strap, however, and it fits.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My wrist is 7.5", as well. For leather I prefer aftermarket, mostly because I think Panerai OEM hide straps are ridiculously overpriced.

I have the standard size comfort rubber strap, however, and it fits.

I know it did fit mine too but till the last or second hole that doesn't have much remaining strap to slide in the strap holder. Does that happen to youtoo?

·
4,076 Posts
I believe I wear mine on the 3rd to last whole - not a ton of "tail" left over, but enough. The 115/90 strap put the buckle in a location I didn't like.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I too think the standard 115/75 straps are for children ;-) Even 115/90 isn't all that great, especially on small, 44 mm diameter watches... (my wrists are around 8.25-8.5" and I prefer the buckle to sit on the bottom of my wrist and leave enough of the end to stick past the second keeper...)

I actually like rubber straps, and one of the reasons is that many of the aftermarket straps are much longer than normal. Meant to be used over a wetsuit for most people, but for me it's a pretty good fit. As for leather straps, it's probably best to get some custom made ones. For the Panerais in particular there are any number of wonderful choices available. Not only can you get the exact total length you like, you can position the buckle where ever you like and can get as much through the keepers as you like. There really is no one "right" size - get what works best for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts