WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For over a year now I have been on the search for my first "real" watch. Along the way I have considered many pieces but always found some flaw or was not quite satisfied. Many such as the Sinn 556 have also been too big. I have a very small wrist of around 6.25 inches which severely limits my choices and this is further compounded by the fact that I prefer a vintage fit. My ideal size is 34-36 mm, that being said, the lug to lug length is what is most important to me. I can pull off 45mm lug to lug at max. I don't like to be encumbered by my watch. I want something that is functional, durable enough to wear in an active setting, and timeless enough to be my daily wearer for a very long time. The rolex explorer I 14270 is my grail but is discontinued and would be outside my price range anyway. Sadly the new 39mm version is poorly proportioned in my mind, with the same hands as the old model. The 36mm aqua terra comes to mind but this is also discontinued. Most of the watches in my size range are dress watches and too delicate for my purposes. Very few sport watches fall in this size range. I would hate to ruin a Nomos orion with the abuses that my daily wearers suffer. Anyway, does anyone have any recommendations? So far I feel like I have reached a dead end in my search. Any input would be much appreciated. To sum it up my requirements are:

-at least 50m water resistance
-new not preowned
-saphire crystal
-34-36mm case diameter or 45mm lug to lug length at max
-manual or automatic movement
-durable yet classic design
-$4500 budget

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Grand Seiko SBGR -051/ -053/ -071/ -073 - silver, black, white, or blue dial (37mm, but what is 1mm between friends when lug-to-lug is only 43mm?).

Reactions: Domo

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
club.jpg
meets all requirements with money to spare

your hardest requirement is the size.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
The aforementioned Rolex oyster perpetual or 36mm datjust. Both are available in many configurations. There is bound to be one that matches your taste. They are durable, versatile and will last you a lifetime. If money is an issue, gray market might suit you best.

·
Registered
12,095 Posts
Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36mm (RRP in Australia is AUD$6,200.00, which converts to a few cents under USD$4,500.00):

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nomos Club is a good choice as someone else pointed out.

Another is Mühle-Glashütte 29er black or white if you like German design (pics not mine). This was my first watch that got me collecting.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I suggest wait for basel and sihh...iwc just announced a 36mm pilots which is very tempting. .i am similarly expecting many brands to release wathes with your criteria this year.

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
These three four work with varying price points. Seiko SARB 017 38mm, Glycine Combat 6 36mm, Sinn 356 SA 38mmm Rolex Explorer 14270 35mm.

Attachments

Reactions: Synequano

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I suggest wait for basel and sihh...iwc just announced a 36mm pilots which is very tempting. .i am similarly expecting many brands to release wathes with your criteria this year.

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk
Really? All I knew was they just introduced 2 new limited editions for 2016. A 55mm and 48mm Pilot with small seconds.
Let's see what they've got on the Pilot line this year!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts