WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

Just got a nice watch as a present from my lovely GF however its so much bigger compared to my old (cheap!) watch, just need some opinions on whether it's too big, if it is can possibly get it changed

Would appreciate some feedback! :)

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
It looks pretty large on your wrist.

If you're going for a more fashion-forward, trendy look - and can pull that off - it's fine.

If you want a more conservative, finished look, it's maybe not the best choice.

IMO, of course.

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Agree with above, it is kind of big, if it were a bit minimalist, it might have been ok, but in this particular style, it does seem a bit overkill IMO. But there are ppl who are into that sort of this (with the large Invicta's and what not) so its really upto you. But if you did have the chance to swap it out without any issues from the store and more importantly from your GF, then I'd do so.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Oh man, sorry -- but that's way too large for your wrist. It overpowers your arm. Sometimes big watches work on some wrists because everything looks balanced and sits right. In your case, it looks goofy. If I were you, I'd keep it, because obviously your girl thought it'd be great for you.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,057 Posts
Yes, way too big. However, my taste runs to watches under 40mm and big is in so if you like it then enjoy. As a present you may have a delicate situation returning it however.

·
Registered
674 Posts
It's too big in my opinion but the only opinion that really matters is your own. Do you like it? Do you think it's too big? We all like different things my friend and you shouldn't let anyone else tell you what's right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought it looked big too, such a shame as I live the watch.

Any ideas on alternatives? The main criteria is I want to be able to see the workings of it from the front, think its called a skeleton watch but I could be wrong, budget is £230 or less.

Thanks a lot guys :)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Is that a macro image?
I have learned NOT to trust macro images on www pics. The cameras distort everything so it looks out of scale.

Example...

same watch, same wrist with macro setting off, and some distance introduced

EDIT*** And the taller / thicker the watch case is the more grossly deformed the camera makes it look.

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
Is that a macro image?
I have learned NOT to trust macro images on www pics. The cameras distort everything so it looks out of scale.

Example...

Wow, that's certainly a noticeable difference. Looks much more balanced in the second pic.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I think you already know the answer. Even the bracelet is way too big even if you take out links. Be careful not to drop your arm to your side. Whatever your standing on could be damaged when the watch crashes down.

·
Registered
42 Posts
not a t-shirt watch. Put on a dress shirt and let it hang out the cuff. Sliding around the wrist is popular. I'm planning on buying the same one possibly. After wearing my 44mm every day you get used to it, don't freak out, wear it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
kramer,

You are also changing your wrist position in the picture from rotated out to rotated in.

To the OP,

Yes too big.

Is that a macro image?

Example...

EDIT*** And the taller / thicker the watch case is the more grossly deformed the camera makes it look.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts