WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
the steinhart triton comes to mind. the orange dial is pretty cool and lummie. their site says $580 + shipping. You may be able to locate one in the states for 5. Not sure if it's readily available like you need,though.

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I do really like the Cave Dweller. The gray dial/partial PVD looks almost as good as the Bluering.

I'm really looking into the Shark Divers as well. The new ones have too many choices. I know I said I wanted some color, but the PVD ones look so good.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I do really like the Cave Dweller. The gray dial/partial PVD looks almost as good as the Bluering.

I'm really looking into the Shark Divers as well. The new ones have too many choices. I know I said I wanted some color, but the PVD ones look so good.
I have owned the gray dial Cave Dweller II with the Miyota movement. Fantastic beast of a watch. I ultimately flipped it because it was too thick for my wrists (shade over 7") and would not fit under many of my shirt sleeves. Finish on the watch was on par with the Bluering. Bracelet and ratcheting clasp was the best that I have ever experienced.... of course if your not a bracelet guy, this will be lost on you, but it is really a fantastic clasp. Bezel action was crisp and firm. Miyota movement was +4 seconds per day - I believe Keith regulates them all. Fitted rubber strap is also nice.

When I did sell it I actually made a profit. Go for it. Blue Lume is not on par with Seiko's or the Bluering, but it really isn't that bad and is a nice pure white in the daylight. Only thing that bugs me about the Bluering is the greenish tint on the CW3 lume.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
This thread has inspired me to check my credit card for a sub-conscious windfall and if fortune does not ..... me there is not one, I may have to ensure one happens:p

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
This thread has inspired me to check my credit card for a sub-conscious windfall and if fortune does not ..... me there is not one, I may have to ensure one happens:p
Hahahaha!

I think I may have found something. There's a JSAR auto conversion for sale (with bracelet) that's a little over my price range. I've reached out to see how much an auto conversion costs, and if the numbers work, I may have to buy the JSAR auto.

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ahh!!!! This is torture! I need a response from the seller!

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, the ....ing JSAR is sold. If IWW gets back to me on an estimate for the conversion, I think I'm going to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Saw Felix Leiter wearing an X-Wind in Quantum of Solace. I wonder if I should get another Hamilton....

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts

Thoughts?
First thought, never heard of them, looks like good value if it is indeed within budget.

BTW, I had $400.00 to spend the other day and decided to go for a Kemmner 007, just loved the look of it, something a bit different for me.

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
First thought, never heard of them, looks like good value if it is indeed within budget.

BTW, I had $400.00 to spend the other day and decided to go for a Kemmner 007, just loved the look of it, something a bit different for me.

I do like that watch, but I'm going to pass on it this time around.

I finalized another purchase that isn't on my 2011 Scheduled Acquisitions list. :-( :-d

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
2011 Scheduled Acquisitions list

Sounds like a true WIS "flexible" approach, well done :)
It's my second one that's not on the list. Tsk, tsk, it's only March.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Raza

Allow me to recommend Seiko Stargate. I just ordered this version with red minute hand and red ring around the crown.

Ticks all your boxes and has just enough color IMO. You will save a bunch from $500, which you can spend on some extra straps.

Picture taken from Yeoman's Watch Review
Seiko 200m divers – SKZ323K, SKZ325K & SKZ327K « Yeoman's Watch Review

·
Registered
21,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Raza

Allow me to recommend Seiko Stargate. I just ordered this version with red minute hand and red ring around the crown.

Ticks all your boxes and has just enough color IMO. You will save a bunch from $500, which you can spend on some extra straps.

Picture taken from Yeoman's Watch Review
Seiko 200m divers – SKZ323K, SKZ325K & SKZ327K « Yeoman's Watch Review
They are nice, but I have an SRP043K2 and that seems like a step down from that. Also, as I recall, it's basically the same size as the Monster, which is just too small.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Here are some comparison pics for you beside the Monster and Samurai, I don't think I'd say it's a "step down" from the Spork though!:think: It does use the 7S26 movement, but it has polished and brushed finishes on the case just like the Spork. It also has a very lovely domed crystal and I'd venture to say the BEST contoured/curved case I've ever seen on a mid-range Seiko! It hugs the wrist wonderfully and is one of the most comfortable watches I've ever owned!:)

Just sayin'.......b-)

Attachments

21 - 38 of 38 Posts