WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
16,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever seen someone wearing a dive watch where the strap would be ruined if they got it wet? Here is an off-menu combination of a titanium EMII Diver C.O.S.C. blue with a fireman II leather strap. Here is a two part question. Part 1, does the color/material combination work? Part II, even if it looks good, would you wear a diver on a non treated leather or alligator strap? (This question excludes straps like Anonimo Kodiak, or Greg Stevens water resistant Horween straps.)

·
Registered
10,700 Posts
No--the blue/black combo doesn't work for that watch, and yes, I would put a non-treated leather or croc strap on the diver, since I would never actually dive with it myself.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have been interesting in seeing a nice watch with navy being the primary color. I think that it looks nice with that strap. I would have no problem wearing a diver with an appropriate non-waterproof strap. I am just not really a diver!

·
Registered
317 Posts
P1000958.JPG The blue stitching does not work for me with that watch. I have worn my COSC DIver with untreated brown leather straps and I look the look for an occasional wear. But I like the watch best with the black rubber strap. I like the rubber makes the dial and titanium case show off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, I must be an oddity as I think the combo works quite well. I love blue dial watches too. Am not a diver so I'd wear a leather strap with any watch, generally in preference to bracelets. While photos never quite convey the real look and feel of a watch on your wrist, I like that combo above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts