WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
am i missing it or is there really no way to put a user on ignore?

*edit* i was missing it, information on how to find it in posts 4 & 5 */edit*

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Forum does not have that feature. If you have issues, report the offending message using the "Report Post" icon (little triangle with an "I" on it.)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
User CP - Edit Ignore List
aha! i have found you can also go to the user's profile, click on "user lists" and it will give you a drop-down from which you can select "add to ignore list".

not where it is on the other forums i frequent, thanks mike!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Practically, what happens if you place somebody on the "ignore" list?
IMO, it should not be neccesary with an ignore list. We are so well moderated that nobody can overstep and be nasty !

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
i might use the function to screen all of you folk that keep posting pictures of watches I didn't even know I wanted...:-d

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
:oops: Guess we do have that after all. Obviously I have never had to use it.
However it's better to report a post if it's causing problems.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
It comes in handy. I was trying to find info on a BR03 and when I did a search 95% of the threads that turned up were by one person posting straps for sale. Over and over and over and over and over and over............

·
Registered
411 Posts
Practically, what happens if you place somebody on the "ignore" list?
IMO, it should not be neccesary with an ignore list. We are so well moderated that nobody can overstep and be nasty !
Within the conversation whomever you ignored there will either be nothing or a placeholder showing the ignored persons comment. Typically there is also the option of showing the comment as well in case the ignored persons comment actually contributes to the conversation in question. It can be a jarring, especially if the ignored is quite prolific in their posting, to have a conversation broken up by ignores.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I wonder how many guys/gals have "ignored" me ;-). Hmmmm.
Well, I am not a slick, smoothtalking politician, so I have to live with it! :-!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
What did GinGin say? My screen flashes a

Ignored Person !

:-d

I do not understand why the ignoring bit is used. Wonder how they do at home when the spouse nags.

·
Registered
775 Posts
What did GinGin say? My screen flashes a

Ignored Person ![COLOR][SIZE][COLOR][SIZE]

:-d

I do not understand why the ignoring bit is used. Wonder how they do at home when the spouse nags.

Sometimes you just don't want to see some peoples' posts. They may not be doing anything against the rules, but something that just annoys you.l

1 - 17 of 17 Posts