1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
The watch looks legit, Tony, but you need to check out the seller. He is new to the forum so request referrals and/or link to his eBay feedback.

Fr. John†

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured as much....but i was also worried about his feedback....i hate to 'settle' but i do like that electric blue ;)

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I figured as much....but i was also worried about his feedback....i hate to 'settle' but i do like that electric blue ;)
Sweet Challenger. The good thing about those quartz SMPs is that they are everywhere. You can always pass this up and find another one from perhaps a more experienced seller with little hassle.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True....I think he is legit..he listed on ebay as well w/ only one neg out of 196....If i can pay a little less I may buy it....

Just wanted a sweeping second hand but i'm losing patience to find a deal..:)

·
Sinn Moderator
9,805 Posts
Just be patient, Tony. As Fr. John told me, wait and watch and you will find just the one. I waited and watched and found a like new Speedy Pro. Keep us posted. Cheers, Bill P.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Tony,

The seller's feedback sounds encouraging.

To buy or not to buy is your decision but here are some words of wisdom spoken to me early on:

• [*]The greatest virtue of a WIS is patience.

[*]The most expensive watch you will ever own is the one you purchased rather than the one you wanted.
Fr. John†

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
  • The greatest virtue of a WIS is patience.
  • The most expensive watch you will ever own is the one you purchased rather than the one you wanted.
Fr. John†
Wise words. Tony, it sounds like you don't really want the quartz, but are "settling" for one because that is what you can afford right now. My advice is hold out for an auto if that is what you really want--Fr. John's second pearl of wisdom above is one that I, unfortunately, with which I have first hand experience. I'm much more patient now, and much happier for it.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Looks like the real-deal and the price is good. From one of the images of the used timepiece, it appears the lower right lug has been "chunked".

Nothing wrong with a quartz, but if you prefer the smooth action of a fine automatic movement with the same fantastic Electric Blue dial, the 2255.80 is the way to go. It'll just cost more, always.

For me, something is worth it when it's value exceeds it's price.

Whatever ends up on your wrist, images are a requirement ;-)

Glen

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was in this same boat a couple weeks back. I almost bought a quartz but figured if I was getting an Omega I should get the auto, and ended up with the 2255.80. I checked out some at our local AD and the second hand did not line up with the marks on the face. That alone would drive me crazy.

I do however like the fact the quartz watches are set it and forget it watches. I have 4 autos now and they stop at some point because I forget to wind them.

As far as the seller goes, I think I have seen him post pics of it in the Seamaster club thread. I bet he is pretty legit, if you are concerned have him write his name on a piece of paper and place it next to the watch.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys....
I still haven't pulled the trigger...the advice above is fantastic and just emphasizes what i already knew...buy the watch you want the first time and don't settle....

So it is back to the WTB forum....I have a shot at a 2254.50 w/out a bracelet...anybody know where i can buy a genuine omega bracelet cheap?

Sigh.....

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Thanks guys....
I still haven't pulled the trigger...the advice above is fantastic and just emphasizes what i already knew...buy the watch you want the first time and don't settle....

So it is back to the WTB forum....I have a shot at a 2254.50 w/out a bracelet...anybody know where i can buy a genuine omega bracelet cheap?

Sigh.....
Our FAD will have the best price on a bracelet but the 2254.50 looks great on a strap. A black Hirsch Mobile (rubber) or Medici (Medici) would look great and can be had for around $55 plus shipping.

Fr. John†

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I apologize for my sarcasm..as for FrJohn...I cannot speak for him...;)

·
Registered
10,693 Posts
You were not to know. Bracelets come up from time to time but are not terribly cheap. However, they are easy to change while movements are not. If you want an automatic then don't compromise. However, most quartz Seamaster owners are perfectly happy with them. Quartz suits the SeMP's go anywhere anytime nature well.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
carguy, by buying, or even being given, fakes you are harming the very company you want to be supporting. Fakers can only prosper when people buy their products. More to the point, the fake market supports all sorts of other criminal activity. Even more to the point, you will be wearing a lie and you will know it. If you want to wear your omega with pride, then only buy the real thing. If you buy fakes then you may well fool people but you will not fool yourself. Do you really want to be the sort of guy who wears fakes?

Frjohn knows full well he is violating wus rules and common ethics by passing on fake watch parts. Quite why he is doing so is beyond me. As a senior and respected member of wus he is setting a dreadful example to everyone.
i apologize for my sarcasm..as for frjohn...i cannot speak for him...;)
Post deleted by original poster. Mods feel free to remove this post entirely.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Let's try to keep this thread on track, fellas.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts