WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
UPDATE: thank you all for your messages, I bought it yesterday. I love it, it wears very well and already two people told me it looks very nice (not strangers, of course, but people who know me well and would notice these sort of thing).
Glad to hear, enjoy it.
FWIW - Your post came at an opportune time for me as I have been looking at the same model (my wrist is just a tad larger... 7 inch / 17.75 cm) so your wrist shots should be a close proxy to how it will look on my wrist.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Glad to hear, enjoy it.
FWIW - Your post came at an opportune time for me as I have been looking at the same model (my wrist is just a tad larger... 7 inch / 17.75 cm) so your wrist shots should be a close proxy to how it will look on my wrist.
It's really beautiful in person, the dial is a joy to look at, it plays with the light really well. With your wrist size, I wouldn't hesitate, it'll look great!

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Looks absolutely perfect on the first pic which appears to be a mirror shot. Looks bigger but still good on the second shot but thats the perspective effect of taking a shot with your camera lens closer to the wrist.
Anyway you look young, and when you're young you can get away with 'too big' watches if you really wanted to.

Reactions: Oakenfield

·
Registered
427 Posts
I really like that one, but I can't justify the cost. I mean, I can afford it, but this has been my first "expensive" watch purchase, and the price difference is BIG. I'm not even sure yet if I'm a "watch person" or a person who likes a couple of watches purely because of aesthetics.

I'm not an Alpinist enthusiast although I like the design. My other favorite watch is the Explorer 1016 so I guess "field", "mountaineering" watches are my thing. I like that this is actually it's own thing from a brand with history, instead of a copy/homage of the Explorer.

Also the Art Deco touches are class, in my opinion.

Well this is why the hobby is fun. The SJE085 would be the watch to buy, because it is more true to the original Alpinist, It fits your wrist size, it stands out in the watch community since they only made 1959 for the world to enjoy, most people will never get a chance to experience this beauty, and since you are just beginning in the watch world you will discover that quality over quantity will lead to a finer collection. I also understand if you are just getting in and are not sure if you will even like wrist watches, so why spend the money, I get that. Also you will learn people always express a bias and in this case I own the Alpinist recreation and think it's a perfect watch. Good luck with your purchase, you are selecting a great piece in the SPB243.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts