WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been really wanting a 6139 lately and this Speedtimer is for sale. Does it look original to you guys? My inexperienced eyes tell me that it might be polished slightly but that seems about it. I would really like to avoid buying a franken. Thanks for the help!

DSCN7010.jpg DSCN7011.jpg DSCN7012.jpg DSCN7013.jpg DSCN7014.jpg DSCN7015.jpg DSCN7016.jpg DSCN7018.jpg DSCN7019.jpg DSCN7020.jpg

·
Registered
672 Posts
Very Nice watch there. I would say that it is all original with the exception of the bracelet. The bracelet looks too wide at the lugs. The original bracelet would have been the same width as the end pieces. However, the end pieces are original and very hard to get.

Hands and dial all look original. The condition of the watch overall is suburb. The bezel insert itself is one of the best I've seen, no fade at all and almost no marks, really nice. The crystal looks to be in perfect condition also.

The case back looks to be polished, but other than that it looks really nice. The serial number, I'm pretty sure would be a production date as Sept. 1969. Could be '79, but I don't think these were made in '79 with the proof. Also the notched case at the crown I'm pretty sure would be '69.

i would pick it up if you can.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I agree with whats been pointed out. The bracelet is a later style H link that was used after 73' on the non- speedtimer version 6139-600X's but is an original Seiko bracelet. The original style bracelet is slightly different as in the photos below.The dial, notched case by the crown, case back and 21 jewel movement all match correctly for the Speedtimer version. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts