WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a 44mm pilot that I assembled.
I freakin' love it to death but I have the tiniest wrists....(like 6"1/4 small...)

I need your guys' honest opinion... does this look like a clock on me? Also, since my wrists are also boney (GOD why did you give me a love for horology and the worst possible wrists...) so I have to wear the watch behind my wrist bone....Does it look too far back?

Let me know! :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sharp looking Pilot! Your question is totally subjective. 44mm is what I would put in the 'large' category, but it really boils down to how you feel about it, not someone else's opinion. My wrist is 6.75'' and for me, about 40mm is what I'd consider my "sweet spot." However, I own and have owned much larger watches than 40mm and have loved them just the same. Does it look big on your wrist? Yes. Does that mean it looks bad? Not at all. The one thing I always look for is if the lugs hang over my wrist circumference. If they do, I personally don't feel I can pull it off. But again, that's my opinion on a totally subjective matter. As long as you're comfortable and confident in wearing it, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I don't think it looks too far back. It does look a smidgen too big to be, because the lugs hang over the top of your wrist some, but only if I'm being overly critical. It's not dramatic terrible or anything. It looks pretty stylish with that strap. I would wear it and continue to enjoy it if I were you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the nice replies! :)

I personally think it's just a tad too big....but then again, it's a pilot watch so it should be big.
The original b-Uhr watches that I based this one off of was 55mm and strapped to the pilot's leg...

·
Registered
46 Posts
According to "conventional" thinking, its a tad big. However, if you love it, that's all that matters. Wear it with swagger.

·
Banned
653 Posts
Absolutely not...it looks great...drive on brother.

·
Registered
493 Posts
How your arms rotated affects the size of your wrist or how your wrist look like. When you internally rotate your wrist, it becomes smaller, but other people don't see your watch this way (only you). I think the watch looks fine on you when you're relaxing your arm, as can be seen on the 1st pic:

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
I've seen a lot of watches too big for wrists on WUS. Yours looks good. The right presence, maybe pushing a tiny bit, but that's the edge, which is also the aesthetic. I can't imagine why anybody would wear their watch around their wrist bone--it's bony uncomfortable esp. you with its prominence.

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
It is a little bit too big, but you get away with it due to the style of watch and the fact that it's very understated. If it had been a really busy or gaudy piece, it would have looked silly. Your's doesn't. NEXT time, go for a 38-40mm case!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Sorry dude but it's too big...it looks like it wraps around your wrist. Regardless of whether pilot watches were supposed to be big...not many people are aware of that and will just think of it as oversized watch. The style is very cool...just get a smaller one. No hard feelings.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think that pilot looks great on your wrists! I'm very similar: bony 6.5" wrists. I like to wear 40-42mm cases, but have been wearing a 44mm Seiko Spork this week, and I think it's fine. :) Granted, it looked sort of stupid with business casual since it was too large, but if I were wearing something more casual like what you have in those pics, I think it looks great. Big watches are in now!

·
Registered
718 Posts
The watch size looks fine. However, the strap is another matter. You may want to opt for a shorter strap without the keeper and strap end wrapping too far up the side of the wrist.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
The watch size looks fine. However, the strap is another matter. You may want to opt for a shorter strap without the keeper and strap end wrapping too far up the side of the wrist.
I share the same opinion.

cheers,
Jake.

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
Looks fine to me.
cottontop

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nope. It doesn't get said here often but sometimes a watch looking too big is more about your body frame than wrists. Your arms look fairly long and shoulders broad so I think you carry "the look" fine.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts