WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I've been lurking for a bit, first time posting.

I have been seriously considering getting this watch for my sister for Christmas. I like the colors, I love the style, but I have never been able to find it in a store. I don't know how large it will look on a wrist.

Will this watch work for a 19 year old girl? I know it says it's a men's watch, but the colors are definitly feminine!

http://www.casio.com/resource/images/xlarge/g300lv-7a_xlarge.jpg

Model G300lv-7A

Thanks!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I'd love it. Bigger watches are in anyway. I saw a college girl with a watch that was bigger than any two of my watches put together. It didn't even have numbers on it, just hands. I thought it was hideous, but from her clothes, she was very fashionable.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i think she'll like it. but take a look at the link Ghobbit sent. just for an additional option. :)

also, yes, is she a 'girly' girl?

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Most women I know prefer men's sized watches anyway, even if they are 'girly'. The white one will go with most outfits fwiw.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
An old student of me asked me a year ago if I could get her a DW-5025B Rising White. She is very happy with the watch. The white suits her well. She gets lots of compliments on her watch on the university.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
505 Posts
Definitely. White goes with pretty much anything and it will be something a little different.

As for size? Not a worry - some girls fashion is for oversized anyway (boyfriend jeans, boyfriend hoodies).

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I think that could work well for a girl.

My wife, on the other hand, won't wear anything bigger than 20mm, and prestige brands apart, 20mm watches are as rare as hens' teeth.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
The G-300 will work ok on a girl. Its not one of the bigger G's and it wears small. But I actually think that big "manly" watches on girls look great. It signals a modern, strong, self confident, and independent woman.

The major problem with the G-300 tough is its very long strap. Its almost to long for me with 7.1" wrists. These straps with motorcycle tire pattern, where designed to be worn outside of motorcycle jackets.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looks great IMO :-!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 24 Posts