WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catching up on Prince of Tennis on toonamijetstream...

During a close match where an injured Ryoma is given ten minutes by his coach to either win the match or forfeit because of an eye injury, a couple of guys are counting down the time (actually stopwatching the time). One guy is using a tradiitonal stopwatch, the other is using a ... Frogman! Or at least something that looks a lot like a Frog.

Anyway, when they show the frog, they add this silly, but effective in the dramatic sense, ticking sound. If you want to see the actual show, it's episode 20 on toonamijetstream.com and the frog action comes during the second stream block I think.

Below is pic of the frog.

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: It looks just like a 9900...

Very similar to this one:
nice match. that watch would coordinate well with the Seigaku gear they wear on the show.

hmmmm...I wonder if there's a Prince of Tennis-themed G-shock out there.

(opens new tab in browser, clicks google link)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Re: It looks just like a 9900...

Is this frogman worth getting? Any wristshots?
That's a hard question to answer...I'm not the type who hypes watches saying that they are ones to buy and collectible and rare blah blah blah....I buy what I like and that's about it. That said, it's probably just as rare as many of the G's that others sometimes proclaim as "rare"...which is to say, it's not too hard to find one if you don't mind looking a little.

Unfortunately I don't have a wrist shot since I don't have that watch anymore....I sold it a couple of months ago. Here are some other shots.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts