WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my first Oris Aquis Date from an authorised dealer.
After a close inspection of the dial I noticed there are two small pin size dents by the 12 second marker and 42 second marker respectively, is this normal ? are they meant to be there of have I got a defect on mine. The location of the dents make them at 180 degrees across from each other and they are just underneath the second markers.

They are too small to be noticed and unfortunately the camera lens cant pick them up, otherwise I would have posted pics.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the gradient blue dial and there are no dents on my dial. I would take the watch back to your AD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply. I will check a few other Aquis models at the store to see if they all have them as the dents are very minute and a lot of people might have them on their watches but might not notice them.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
Sounds like the dial feet have pressed into the back of the dial, causing the slightly raised sections. Bring it back and get a replacement watch. The store can send the watch back to have the dial replaced. It'll be as good as new, and ready for the next customer.

·
Registered
210 Posts
My dials are excellent. Take it back to your AD because these "dents" are not normal and will always annoy you because you know that they are there.

Cheers

Wolfgang

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a small second pointer with the same problem with dents on the dial at the exact locations. I know this is a old thread but anyone else have the same problems?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have something similar looking on my LE Source of Life. I didn't notice it under initial inspection at the dealer, but found it after I got home and was examining my new purchase while laying on the couch. At first I thought it was a reflection of a light above my head.

Nonetheless, as much as it bugged me at first, this is a Source of Life that I searched far and wide for. I don't know if they have spare dials for this limited edition, and everything else about the watch is perfect. I'd fear having it opened up and having something else go wrong, like a fingerprint. So I've learned to live with it, since the rest of the risks are far greater. Everything else about the watch still blows me away every time I wear it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Well it shouldnt have those, but I guess some people like Viper can learn to live and accept the circumstances, but I personally, cannot.

Goodluck to you.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I don't know if they have spare dials for this limited edition, and everything else about the watch is perfect. I'd fear having it opened up and having something else go wrong, like a fingerprint
Yes, they have replacement parts. SOL is a "current" LE model, but even if it's weren't current, yes, Oris does have replacement parts readily available to service them. Honestly, I haven't heard of such a thing as a fingerprint happening from factory / warranty servicing. But if you're OK with it, then to each their own, I suppose.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts