WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...weird problem. I bought one of those new Orsa watch military-time watches on the 'bay with a military-style nylon watch strap. The one-piece strap is enormous, looks like it was made to fit over clothing? Probably not, but it's big...way to big to fit any ordinary wrist.

Anyway, I have a vague feeling that the real problem is that I'm strapping it on wrong, trying to put it on my wrist like a regular watch...the strap is so long that, when buckled, it rests over the face of the watch. What's the deal?

So, anyone know how you're supposed to wear such watches? Are you supposed to fold it back over the buckle and loop it through again or something? Should the excess band cover the face?

Sorry for posting what may seem like a stupid question w/an obvious answer. If it's hard to understand what I'm talking about, I'll post pics to make it clearer, but I have a feeling somebody out there knows what mistake I'm making..maybe a fellow Orsa watch owner?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't forget step 1: take a sharp knife and cut off the second piece, which is essentially superfluous, to turn it into a 2-ring strap so you can center the buckle where you want it... ;-)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't forget step 1: take a sharp knife and cut off the second piece, which is essentially superfluous, to turn it into a 2-ring strap so you can center the buckle where you want it... ;-)
It's not that superfluous.

1. it keeps the watch on the band. Yes, friction helps too, but on some watches, if you hold the strap by the buckle, the head could slip off by gravity alone. Especially if it's wet or oily. It would really stink to be taking your watch off for a second to get some gear on over your wrist, only to have the watch head come off the strap on go overboard.

2. it balances out the design. You have rings above the watch head, and below, and this way the buckle is out of the way so when you have your wrist resting on something, you're not gouging it with the buckle rings.

Step one should be to figure out how long you need the strap to be, then cut off the excess length and seal the edge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts