WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I purchased PO GMT GoodPlanet from a private seller on Chrono24 and it just arrived to my place. Unfortunatelly I'm on board the LNG tanker, in the middle of the Atlantic ocean and will see the watch live only in few weeks (if not longer)...
Seller was very decent and publicly known person, watch is genuine by all means (I did online video inspection with my son), it's in great cosmetic and apparent normal working condition and full package was received.
Seller advertised that he bought a watch in Japan last year and warranty card is stamped/dated (17.07.2019). Therefore 3 years more of warranty should be remaining (4 years marked on pictograms card).
However, when I google a bit address on the card, it seems to be the Don Quijote department store address, and it is not listed as Omega AD in Tokyo.
I found further on net that Omega would normally accept this warranty as valid in case claimed, but I would still like to know some of your opinions/experiences?
Should I bother to ask Omega Extract from the Archives?
This is one of my favourite watches ever, I couldn't afford it when it was in production, and I'm super happy to have it now in such a good condition, basically as new, with full package included. I would however like that it has "clear" history and that it is Omega registered, it's even not so much about warranty... I know eventually it will probably start to bother me and I really want to keep this one for next generation.
Would appreciate any advice on the matter.
I did ask the seller where exactly he bought a watch, but at this point transaction is concluded and it is not against the law to buy a watch in Don Quijote in Japan. So he did nothing wrong really and can actually have no clue about warranty details such as this one... I'm not asking this to claim anything back, just for info and eventual peace of mind.

Thanks a lot! Here is a few photos.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,052 Posts
Watch looks genuine.

You shouldn't have trouble if you need warranty service with that warranty card. Sometimes, businesses move because rent is overpriced. Don't worry about it too much.

Your watch actually has the 5-year warranty, not 4.

Your watch does not qualify for the Extract from the Archives as it needs to be 10 years or older since it was produced.

Reactions: cybercat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch looks genuine.

You shouldn't have trouble if you need warranty service with that warranty card. Sometimes, businesses move because rent is overpriced. Don't worry about it too much.

Your watch actually has the 5-year warranty, not 4.

Your watch does not qualify for the Extract from the Archives as it needs to be 10 years or older since it was produced.
Thanks man. That's reassuring and hope you are right. Understood for extract, I just saw it on web actually... Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts