WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Since we are on Omega and TAG…
Has anyone experienced any issues with Breitling?
Yep, my wife had an issue with a quartz Breitling intermittently stopping and losing time brand new out of the box (wasn't the battery).

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noob here, so please be gentle. I have a Forumla 1 from a few years ago and I've just bought a new Aquaracer 43mm Calibre 5 - the outgoing model. It's a watch I'd been looking at for a long time and nearly bought at Dubai airport a few years ago (but didn't want to pay the VAT at home), so when it went on sale at an AD (online), I had to have it. The day I got it, I noticed a spec of white dust on the dial - one that I couldn't unsee. The AD offered a full refund (as out of stock). I opted to keep the watch and returned it to the Tag service centre in the UK. It took a month for them to fix it and return it to me. Not ideal, but I'm happy with the watch apart from that. I liken it to owning a BMW, you don't have to worry while they're under warrantly, but I think I'll be finding a good independent watchmaker for any future repairs and servicing as the long wait and potential huge cost of using the official service centre is a big off put. I like both brands and their products, but I don't necessarily recommend them to friends or family. My dad wants to buy a nice watch at the moment and he is looking at Tags. I'm trying to talk him into an Omega or a Tudor instead.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I own a tag heuer aquaracer wap2010 and yes also suffered from a tripped crown tube within the first 3months after purchase (bought new). I've replaced the crown & tube and never had any other issues with it going on 5 years now and pretty much my daily wear. Wasn't impressed with the plastic movement holder...but am impressed with over all build quality it is indeed luxury for that reason in my opinion.

A tip I've used according to the crown & stem:

Push crown in and turn backwards till you hear the threads in-gage then screw in tight this will prevent cross threading and/or stripping etc.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts