WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my grey market affordables collection than one expensive watch. 2 Denissovs,2seiko 5,Tissot(2836), 3 Invicta(Swiss automatic), Xezo(2893),Seapro(2824), Victorinox(6498),Deep Blue(Miyota 9100), 2 Andoirds(9xxx),3 Luis Erard(2824), Vostok, monster2, Orient M force, and 3 Quartz( accutron, deep blue,Invicta)!

23 kids in all, $6100 spent and it's better than 1 expensive watch to me.( forgot about the expensive servicing for so many automatics hehehe) agree/ disagree?

·
Banned
7,819 Posts
There's a lot to be said about the idea of wearing several lower cost watches (no, not simultaneously!! :)) over one uber expensive one.

·
Registered
20,796 Posts
I'm in a similar boat as you , I like to wear different watches in a week but I don't have money for $1000 a piece...

Reactions: OCDood and Aquaaiea

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
17,427 Posts
I'm in a similar position, but I'm thinking more and more about stepping into the $700-$1500 range in the near future. After purchasing a pre-owned Oris, I have realized that I really appreciate the quality of a nicer watch lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Given my current station in life (turns out I missed the cut for the Forbes Wealthiest list again this year), I like the flexibility that having a bunch of affordables allows. Maybe one day I can enjoy the watch-wearing options that being wealthy allows, but for now I'd rather have my drawer full of little treasures rather than being tied to one expensive piece every day.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Given my current station in life (turns out I missed the cut for the Forbes Wealthiest list again this year), I like the flexibility that having a bunch of affordables allows. Maybe one day I can enjoy the watch-wearing options that being wealthy allows, but for now I'd rather have my drawer full of little treasures rather than being tied to one expensive piece every day.
This pretty much summs up my sittuation aswell

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
There's a lot to be said about the idea of wearing several lower cost watches (no, not simultaneously!! :)) over one uber expensive one.
Not only can I currently not really afford a watch over $100, even if I could I'm not sure I'd want to. If you ever somehow found yourself in a bad neighborhood having something like a Rolex would be just asking to get robbed.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
For me that is true, but I try to be selective and intentional about what I own, where I buy it and what I pay for it, why I own it, and try to be willing to reevaluate as I go... And at some point, choices will still have to be made...

·
Registered
7,200 Posts
I'm trying to cut down my collection. I'm at 12-15, I forget the exact because I have been getting rid of some. Currently my watches run from $8+ to $70. For me, over $100 starts getting in to the not affordable range. Thats why I would love to win that 1963 that is being given away. But I doubt my Parnis watch will win the hearts of WUS.

But I agree with the op, I would much rather have a variety of watches than just a few more expensive watches.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just 2 or 3 carefully chosen affordables does me. You guys with all those watches are nuts lol.
Some of us have the ?sense. It's different for everyone but it haunts you until satisfied. The number is the one right above what you own. Right now my 24th sense is bothering me hehehe!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I bought my 5th G-Shock of the month today for a grand total of $509. The least expensive being a G7900MS I got a good deal on for $54 including shipping, to the most expensive, a GW3500B-1A that I bought today for $175. The other 3 went for $70, $100, and $110, and are more within my comfort range.

I'd rather have the 5 watches than one that went for the same price. It gives me a variety and I can't see myself paying that much for a watch.

I plan on the one I bought today being the last watch I purchase. I've been wanting one for several months so I wanted to end the year on a high point and start the new year with no regrets.

·
5,156 Posts
I have somewhere around 40 watches from G-Shocks to Rolex and just about everything in between. These days I hardly ever touch the Rolex and my current rotation is made up of Victorinox, Seiko, Eterna, Edox, Citizen and a couple of vintage pieces. It is nice to have a selection.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I've got 12 now ranging from $60 to the mid 4 figures. My income varies and so does my play money. So I have a wide range of costs in my "collection" at this point.

But now that I've been doing this for a few years I've really slowed down. I am now just looking for a few watches I love. I think I could be happy with 6 or 7 ultimately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
450 Posts
It took me 10 - 15 watch purchases to begin to understand what I like in watches. Add in the strap/bracelet learning curve to the mix and there can be a whole lot of valuable, entertaining self-education without spending over $1000 in total. I have no regrets so far.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I like the variety. I have 11, none more than $525.00 USD. One needs repaired and 2 or three are going up for sale after the first of the year as I just don't wear them much. I'll use that money for one new purchase in 2014, I think 6-7 is a good number for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts