WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All,
A question that I've wondered about is why would Casio use a double tang for some of their watches? For those not sure of what I mean, I'm refering to buckle design of models such as the FROGMAN, G-Silencer and the recently the g-5500.

Any thoughts on the praciticality of this feature?

My current line of thought is that if it does serve to secure the watch
more successfull than the conventional means, then why haven't other brands (some producing arguably more capable dive watches) followed suite?

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
My G-9000 has one of those bands and it's probably the most comfortable G-shock I own. The double tang seems to eliminate any side to side movement and makes it easier to buckle the band. It will probably eliminate some of the wear and tear on the holes in the band because the stress will be spread over a larger area.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Timecacher.
Some interesting points you've listed there. I always figured that it had something to do with the ability of g-shocks to be worn over clothing/wet suits. Hence a need for a stronger clasp. That and maybe redundancy?

Thanks for the food for thought Timecacher.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
My G-9000 has one of those bands and it's probably the most comfortable G-shock I own. The double tang seems to eliminate any side to side movement and makes it easier to buckle the band. It will probably eliminate some of the wear and tear on the holes in the band because the stress will be spread over a larger area.
I feel the same way with my G-9000. It could of been the hole arrangement as well. The band wraps around my wrist with just the right amount of tension, very comfortable and secure.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My GW-056 has a such a strap. I did not recognize much difference compared to a standard buckle, but it does look good and I think the strap is a liitle wider than regular. The GW-056 appears flat and even elegant on the top, but very rugged and strong at the buckle, a very good combination.

Have a nice day,

Ad.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,197 Posts
it looks good (on my G9000 Mudman, green atomic solar triple sensor, etc) :)

i don't know if there's a practical reason for the double tang, but it sure looks good on a wide watch band

·
Registered
205 Posts
I very much prefer the double tang...comfort, security, and stability of the band are the reasons. Hopefully we will see more watches with this feature.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts