WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
I wanted to ask two doubts:

1º.- I tried to look similar to my Stolichnie caseback, and I have not found it. Out of curiosity, someone has in its collection a similar caseback, or know what could be the origin of the caseback, in which factory was produced ??

2º.- I have seen that the catalog of 1960 only refers to two models of Early Stolichnie 16 jewels dials: one with my dial and the other with the Mroatman´s dial (very nice and similar to a Signal 2612 dial). I have not seen other examples of my dial Stolichnie, which gives me a little scared, because my dial, but has obvious signs of wear and time, does not indicate "СДЕЛАНО В СССР" or "made in USSR", or may have disappeared. It may be due to the condition of the dial, but do you believe it´s a genuine dial?
I do not know the answer to your first question. I can only assume it was a common back used for another 24XX caliber watch in a similar case.

As for your second question, you don't need to worry, your dial is absolutely authentic. I think somebody has scrubbed away the lume, minute track, and "Сделано в СССР" inscription in what was perhaps an overly-aggressive cleaning attempt. The perimeter of the dial is most susceptible to dust, dirt, and staining, so maybe a previous owner just wanted to clean up the dial a bit. I will include a photo of my own watch (not yet on my website) with the same exact dial and movement.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

That said, the "Сделано в СССР" inscription is not required for a dial to be authentic. See below for two watches in my collection, distinguished only by the printing on the dial. Both are entirely authentic, in my opinion.

I assume the presence or absence of this inscription could be used to date some watches, but I don't know which came first.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.