WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm stuck trying to decide my next watch purchase. All three are great options that aren't necessarily directly comparable. So I've noted a little bit about my thought process in choosing below. But I would greatly appreciate any input or experiences with any of these options.

Thanks a bunch.

Tudor Black Bay: Awesome watch and love the leather strap, but I already have two black dialed watches (speedy pro & Chris Ward c40 PVD).

Rolex Explorrer II 16570: I like the GMT complication and white dial, but will be a bigger hassle to track down pre-owned (will go AD on the others). It's also the most expensive of the three.

Nomos Tangente: Fills the the dress watch gap in my collection. However, I rarely wear a suit, so not a gap that must be filled....but I WANT one.

(pics from google)

images.jpg index.jpg DSC00574.JPG

·
Premium Member
6,835 Posts
It sounds like you want the Nomos most. I'd go with that thinking...

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
The Nomos is a straight out dress watch. The Tudor a a straight out sports watch and the ExpII is right in the middle. Based on your use, do you see yourself needing more dress, more sports or something in the middle? When it comes to eye flash, the Tudor takes it. When it comes to most subdued the Nomos is it. And again the expII is right in the middle. Interesting match up.

As for my taste, the ExpII is the one, hands down. That Nomos does not do anything for me. The Tudor is awesome as well and if I wanted a daily wear sports watch that one would be it.

·
Registered
29,026 Posts
Rolex +1. Best in terms of resale value.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I would definitely go with the Rolex. White dial adds variety to your collection, it is super versatile, and like others have said....if its on the list now, you might as well get it because it is going to stay on your list if you don't.

·
Registered
483 Posts
nomos.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Rolex because it would be a great all-arounder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
The Explorer is the best compromise of all three.....white dial, can be worn in most dress situations, and you said the GMT complication would be useful for you.....not to mention is is an outstanding watch, period.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
In the end you can't make a mistake with these three. Running contrary to popular opinion the white EXP II is one of my least favorite modern Rolex watches and that Nomos leave me rather cold (but like others in their collection). Of the three I prefer the BB, which while it is basically a snowflake Sub the colors, materials and details make it a quite unique watch.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Since you already have two black dial watches, the Rolex will get much more wrist time over the Nomos.

One the other hand, you could pick up the Black Bay, dump one or both the Speedy/Ward, and pick up the Nomos on the used market, it’s almost a guaranty it would be in great shape being a dress watch, then work on the Rolex later. :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Rolex. Though i prefer the 2013 version with the orange GMT hand.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts