WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a site where you can download Breitling user manuals? I looked at breitling.com, but can't make their @#$%^& flash crap navigate in Firefox. I recently acquired an Intruder, but it didn't come with the book.

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
9,154 Posts
Oh, right, and yelling at us is going to make things right? How?

I can read normal 10-12 point type on most days, quite easily, without glasses, despite having passed my 54th birthday.

Lastly, the Intruder is at least 10 years old. I don't see where its a given right that the user manual must be on line for a watch of that age. If one is available, and there may be one on line, I'm sure that one of our members may well have a link for you. I, at the moment, don't.

You might pick up a few clues from this informative article by Altro....

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=98

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, right, and yelling at us is going to make things right? How?

I can read normal 10-12 point type on most days, quite easily, without glasses, despite having passed my 54th birthday.

Lastly, the Intruder is at least 10 years old. I don't see where its a given right that the user manual must be on line for a watch of that age. If one is available, and there may be one on line, I'm sure that one of our members may well have a link for you. I, at the moment, don't.

You might pick up a few clues from this informative article by Altro....

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=98
It wasn't intended as shouting. Maybe not all of us default to 10pt type.

I never said that anyone had a right to manual copies. I just asked if any were available. Hoped some nice person might suggest one. The history of the Intruder has some pictures of the manual, but that's not really very useful.

·
Registered
815 Posts
It wasn't intended as shouting. Maybe not all of us default to 10pt type.

I never said that anyone had a right to manual copies. I just asked if any were available. Hoped some nice person might suggest one. The history of the Intruder has some pictures of the manual, but that's not really very useful.
Your attitude is not going to get you anywhere.

Don't come in here, make an obnoxious request and then get all snooty when your needs aren't met when you weren't even pleasant to begin with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your attitude is not going to get you anywhere.

Don't come in here, make an obnoxious request and then get all snooty when your needs aren't met when you weren't even pleasant to begin with.
What?! I try to politely ask a question, and you jump on me with both feet! The only negative comment I've made in this whole thread was about Breitling's web design. Is it forbidden to express an opinion here?

Where was I obnoxious or show attitude?

·
Banned
3,513 Posts
and I've had my coffee so - welcome to our forum Ben2K.

Try a google for Breitling Intruder "PDF" Manual (and do post some pics.

Best

Al

(That size font did slightly hurt)

·
Registered
815 Posts
What?! I try to politely ask a question, and you jump on me with both feet! The only negative comment I've made in this whole thread was about Breitling's web design. Is it forbidden to express an opinion here?

Where was I obnoxious or show attitude?
Look, I didn't mean to bite your head off, but this isn't wecanonlyreadwallclocks.com, normal sized font is just fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and I've had my coffee so - welcome to our forum Ben2K.

Try a google for Breitling Intruder "PDF" Manual (and do post some pics.

Best

Al

(That size font did slightly hurt)
Thanks for the suggestion. I did run a Google search before posting here, and while I did find manuals for some other models, didn't find one for the Intruder. Didn't find one for the Pluton either, since I figured they should be similar. Reran the search adding your "PDF" suggestion, but still no joy.

FWIW, I thought the larger font would be helpful on a short message. Didn't mean to set off a firestorm, Guess I have my defaults set smaller than most folks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hello Ben2K,

I'm pretty sure that there is a clear misunderstanding of email protocols, so now we all know that CAPS AND **~~&*%$ can be taken as shouting and agressive......

So, putting all that behind us I'm sure someone out there could scan a manual for you or you may even consider contacting a Breitling service centre directly. I have found them to be really helpful and could assist you in some way.

Let us know how you get on - peace, happiness, fortune and good health to all - Life is too short.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts