WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup you read that right. I saw this little thing on T.V. a few weeks ago. http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00921754000
It's an inexpensive computer aided manufacturing machine that carves wood. I'm curious if it can it carve a bezel out of resin if we were to somehow get a hold of a block of resin? If not any ideas of when this will be possible?

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Yup you read that right. I saw this little thing on T.V. a few weeks ago. http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00921754000
It's an inexpensive computer aided manufacturing machine that carves wood. I'm curious if it can it carve a bezel out of resin if we were to somehow get a hold of a block of resin? If not any ideas of when this will be possible?

I remember seeing a show on manufacturing of the future, and it was very similar. Comnputer aided process that can turn out a part needed locally vs having to have a squillion made in another part of the world.

What I'd love to see is a way to do these resin bezels in stainless steel or titanium so I could slip it over the steel case of my 20th aniv. model. :-! It would make it thoroughly steel-of course the bottons would poke out a biot at the bottom since the resin flexes to wrap around and steel won't do that.

Kev

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi Cdude,
I suppose in the land of the Rising Sun, where convenience is king, that would work very well.

I've heard of something being done with orthotics too (in relation to resin) in terms of 3D mapping/shapping.

I suppose it's one for the number crunchers at Casio really. In this way, watch owners can keep their g-shocks longer by not having to worry about bezel changes. Just use and abuse, knowing it's just a matter of gowing home to form a new one.

Certainly gets my vote.

Thanks for the article.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Great! Can I get a bulk discount for a new G bezel plus a set of dentures?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts