WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

I picked up a Doxa 300 50th from a Doxa enthusiast around these parts (so I'm not doubting the authenticity) but in all of the pictures that I seem to look at, the pip next to the date appears to be a small lume dot of the same tone as the off white lume. On mine, it is clearly stark white and is not lume but just paint.

Does the group think I got a mistake dial (Kinda hard to believe being such a hyped model and small batch) or is that how they all are and the pictures I've seen are just playing tricks on my eyes? This thread seems pretty definitive that it is supposed to be lumed.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MZhammer, mine looks just like yours.
Is yours a low number as well? Perhaps early dials didn't get the lume.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hey all,

I picked up a Doxa 300 50th from a Doxa enthusiast around these parts (so I'm not doubting the authenticity) but in all of the pictures that I seem to look at, the pip next to the date appears to be a small lume dot of the same tone as the off white lume. On mine, it is clearly stark white and is not lume but just paint.

Does the group think I got a mistake dial (Kinda hard to believe being such a hyped model and small batch) or is that how they all are and the pictures I've seen are just playing tricks on my eyes? This thread seems pretty definitive that it is supposed to be lumed.
Watch Orange Analog watch Red Close-up

Mine is 27/300. In this picture it looks white, but when I just looked at Watch, it appeared to have yellowish tint. I’ll test lume and try to get a better macro picture tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
309 Posts
View attachment 12661595

Mine is 27/300. In this picture it looks white, but when I just looked at Watch, it appeared to have yellowish tint. I’ll test lume and try to get a better macro picture tomorrow.

Watch Analog watch Violet Purple Blue

Forgot that I had a wristi under a black light. That answers that question for mine.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is 27/300. In this picture it looks white, but when I just looked at Watch, it appeared to have yellowish tint. I?ll test lume and try to get a better macro picture tomorrow.

Well that is very strange as mine is 26/300 and has no lume!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Maybe one day it'll show up in some Doxa history book as the rare factory error 50th anniversary watch. The elusive "white dot" 50th.
Sorry, MZhammer, I just checked the 3 o'clock dot on my # 68 and it has lume. If yours does not, you may indeed have a rare one.
I expect DOXA may add a lume dot if you ask, but, as has been stated, if yours is a rare one with a white dot (no lume), it may be worth preserving its rarity value! Watches with rare dials are worth holding on to - think CaRRibbean...

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I expect DOXA may add a lume dot if you ask, but, as has been stated, if yours is a rare one with a white dot (no lume), it may be worth preserving its rarity value! Watches with rare dials are worth holding on to - think CaRRibbean...
Agreed, if mine is relatively unique I'll keep it that way. Not like the lume dot really adds to the usefulness of the watch and kinda cool to be a low serial and a misprint!

Reactions: gaopa and Des2471

·
Registered
821 Posts
Old thread but just checked my 50th anniversary Pro #56 -- it has lume, but it's weaker lume than on my 50th Searambler or Sharkhunter.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
025/300 has lume....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts