WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 300T through the 1000T were in meters and this is 5000ft? And it says Seaconqueror? The only part i really like is the screws used to attach the bracelet and the price for returning customers. (I am not one however).

My orange 600T is nicer and my 750T Mil Shark is nicer yet. Will keep following as more models come out. But it is great of DOXA to listen to feedback!

IMHO

paul:-!

·
Registered
319 Posts
So the 300T through the 1000T were in meters and this is 5000ft? And it says Seaconqueror? The only part i really like is the screws used to attach the bracelet and the price for returning customers. (I am not one however).

My orange 600T is nicer and my 750T Mil Shark is nicer yet. Will keep following as more models come out. But it is great of DOXA to listen to feedback!

IMHO

paul:-!
Yeah the 5000T thing seems like a weird departure from standard markings for Doxa. As well I was not pleased with the name "Seaconquerer". I fail to see the problem with using the name Conquistador if the Conquistador was a Doxa product anyway. It didn't seem to bother Doxa to make a Conquistador for Pete Millar.

If Doxa doesn't make it a limited edition, and they made the 'return customer' price a normal everyday price, I might eventually purchase one for my collection. That's still pushing it for me with most of what I wanted to see in this new model not there. I know a the way I wanted to see this watch is not what the majority wanted, so therefore it is the way it is and I have to just deal with that.

Reply by DOXA
Dear T kite, you know how much I respect your opinion, but telling me, that due to the name Seaconqueror, the SUB5000T will not be able to compete with other professional dive watch like the Sea dweller or a seamaster, (with similar, somehow fictious names) just sounds funny to me, you should be laughing at your own joke now, right?

I think, a professional diver judges his tool by its technical specs though and you are only complaining about names and markers etc..

So I really do not understand, am I missing something? trust me, if you see this watch at a jeweler, and see its technical specs, you will not hesitate for a moment to buy it. Don't look at a watch in bits and pieces, no watch, from whatever brand will ever be a winner if considered in single pieces.

BTW, I explained why we have not registered the name Conquistador since the 80s.

Rick

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I fail to see the problem with using the name Conquistador if the Conquistador was a Doxa product anyway. It didn't seem to bother Doxa to make a Conquistador for Pete Millar.
T, go read Rick's reply on this and don't just assume Doxa made a Conquistador for Pete Millar. You really do need to check things out before coming out with a statement like that. If you had read the threads you would see that the watch I have is a one off prototype. Now I could sit here and explain the whole Conquistador naming thing too, but I'll let your mouse do some work instead :)

Pete

·
Registered
319 Posts
What I had pretty much had in mind:

A Conquistador (supposedly the name is copyrighted (Shouldn't Doxa own the copyright? - however that seems to have been explained already), with a blue dial and hand set like the Caribbean 750T, with the case size of a 1000T, a HRV of course, and 4mm thick domed saphire crystal.

As far as negativity goes, I guess I am just pretty dissapointed in what Doxa came out with for a 'serious' watch which was supposed to compete with the Sea Dweller and other big name HRV equipped watches. At this point, I would say the Breitling Super Ocean Pro would get my vote over this new Doxa edition. The Doxa dial seems a bit plain, the font size a bit odd, and the fact they changed the way they printed the words on the dial at 12 and 6 instead of 10 and 4 positions was a change I didn't much care for. Well it's time for me to stop complaining, as it seems Doxa has made all their decisions and what you see is what you'll get.

·
Registered
55 Posts
TKite,
I do agree with Nick: you're always complaining about DOXA, you're so funny...
It's always: I would certainly like, but I will definitively won't...
So you should be consequent with yourself and, maybe, leave the forum???
As you said the best one for you is the Breitling... So, why don't you get it (and yes, we also know that you prefer also the Sea Dweller!!!)??? We all have notice that you are a real pro, a commercial diver, we know that you know what you're talking about better than us... (in theory...because it's only your opinion: you don't own any Doxa, so how could your opinion be "objective"??? - it makes me laugh)...All right!
You're not interrested in Doxa, assume it please...

And I would also like to underline that nobody on the forum is saying that Rollex or others of your favorites are not good watches. We respect all the brands. But you are not respecting the brand Doxa (by saying "I'm disappointed" or "breitling get my vote", it's not fair... What is your purpose???

Sorry for saying that, but I think a lot of people here are tired of reading those negative comments from you... :rodekaart

·
Registered
750 Posts
TKite,
...So you should be consequent with yourself and, maybe, leave the forum???.. ...you are not respecting the brand Doxa (by saying "I'm disappointed" or "breitling get my vote", it's not fair... What is your purpose???

Sorry for saying that, but I think a lot of people here are tired of reading those negative comments from you... :rodekaart
So it's only permissible to say good things about Doxa, or you're not "respecting the brand"?!

Following that logic we should still be sending our taxes to London. 'Fraid things don't work that way here.

T obviously cares about the quality and usability of Doxa products or he wouldn't be so vocal about how important certain details are in the deep dive environment. Funny how much more appreciated and respected T's opinions are on other divewatch forums.

You might want to get a few more posts under your belt before you suggest a respected forum member should shove off mate.

:rodekaart

·
Registered
55 Posts
FROM DOXA FORUM RULES: Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Postings offending or questioning the standing, integrity, credibility or strategy of DOXA watches LTD will be also deleted without prior notice.

So, where did I go wrong? Everything I said is true, That's T opinion.
It's a fact. T prefers Rolex and Breitling. It's fully its right... Did I said something else? No...
But always saying "I'm a bit disappointed by the name, the color, the size" is no sense to me (are those questions essentials???? Where not in a fashion store!). T most interesting argument is the size of the case. But there is no proof that will be a real problem...
So I don'"t think T cares for the quality of Doxa: he cares for a good watch. And for him, the best ones are Rolex, Breitling. He may be right. I don't know. But always saying: I'm disappointed, it's like calimero...
An please, the number of post I put on the forum should is not an argument...
You also make me laugh by saying that and it does not impress me, sorry for you ;-)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
The great thing about life and being an adult is: If you like the watch you can buy it. I you don't like the watch you don't have to buy it.

Problem solved. I see nothing wrong about voicing thoughts as long as it's not meant to rain on DOXA's parade.

I don't see the point of bringing another forum member into the argument to prove the point though.

Chris

·
Registered
750 Posts
FROM DOXA FORUM RULES: Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Postings offending or questioning the standing, integrity, credibility or strategy of DOXA watches LTD will be also deleted without prior notice.

So, where did I go wrong? Everything I said is true, That's T opinion.
It's a fact. T prefers Rollex and Breitling. It's fully its right... Did I said something else? No...
But always sayng "I'm a bit disappointed by the name, the colour, the size" is no sense to me (are those questions essentials???? Where not in a fashion store!). T most interesting argument is the size of the case. But there is no proff that will be a real problem...
So I don'"t think T cares for the quality of Doxa: he cares for a good watch. And for him, the best ones are Rollex, Breitling. He may be right. I don't know. But always saying: I'm diasppointed, it's like calimero...
An please, the number of post I put on the forum should is not an argument...
You also make me laugh by saying that and it does not impress me, sorry for you ;-)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guys,
No apologizes here.
I just wanted to say, peacefully, that as others from the forum, I don't really appreciate the new super sub (mainly because, AS T, I prefer smaller case and also because I prefer a "vintage look" for my watch).
But I can also recognize that's for other it's a great watch (because it's a clever evolution of the vintage look, there is HRV, and the price is incredible...).
So I'm consequent with myself: as said by Chris, I don't buy it. That the final point (and I hope one day to get a t-Graph).

But I just wonder: what is the "added value" bring by T's critics (appart from the poll, because with that poll he helped - as others - to elaborate the new sub)? I wonder, that's all.

If he had problems with a Doxa while diving, I would fully understand him. But he does not have any Doxa.
And he prefers other brands, he says it himself!. Once again: why not, he may be right... But then he should buy those watches... Doxa is not for him, he should turn to something else instead of being negative (and I know he recognizes being negative sometimes, in a previous post). I think he isn't happy with Doxa, he should turn to something else... That's the sense of my question in a previous post: maybe (note please: no order from myself!!!!) he should leave the forum????:think:

I hope that some of the forum members will understand what I mean.

I also would say that I m french speaking, and it's not as easy as it seems to express myself in american... If I could write in french, I sure I would seem to be less "aggressive". That's also why I don't post as often as others... And that's why I feel a little disappointed to read Danny saying "You might want to get a few more posts under your belt before you suggest a respected forum member should shove off mate. " Because if Danny has no "authority" on me to say such things, because writing this post take 5 more times for me than for Danny... :-(

I won't say any other comments about T opinions, I don't want to polémiquer avec les membres du forum, merci à tous de votre compréhension... :thanks

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Guys,
No apologizes here.
I just wanted to say, peacefully, that as others from the forum, I don't really appreciate the new super sub (mainly because, AS T, I prefer smaller case and also because I prefer a "vintage look" for my watch).
But I can also recognize that's for other it's a great watch (because it's a clever evolution of the vintage look, there is HRV, and the price is incredible...).
So I'm consequent with myself: as said by Chris, I don't buy it. That the final point (and I hope one day to get a t-Graph).

But I just wonder: what is the "added value" bring by T's critics (appart from the poll, because with that poll he helped - as others - to elaborate the new sub)? I wonder, that's all.

If he had problems with a Doxa while diving, I would fully understand him. But he does not have any Doxa.
And he prefers other brands, he says it himself!. Once again: why not, he may be right... But then he should buy those watches... Doxa is not for him, he should turn to something else instead of being negative (and I know he recognizes being negative sometimes, in a previous post). I think he isn't happy with Doxa, he should turn to something else... That's the sense of my question in a previous post: maybe (note please: no order from myself!!!!) he should leave the forum????:think:

I hope that some of the forum members will understand what I mean.

I also would say that I m french speaking, and it's not as easy as it seems to express myself in american... If I could write in french, I sure I would seem to be less "aggressive". That's also why I don't post as often as others... And that's why I feel a little disappointed to read Danny saying "You might want to get a few more posts under your belt before you suggest a respected forum member should shove off mate. " Because if Danny has no "authority" on me to say such things, because writing this post take 5 more times for me than for Danny... :-(

I won't say any other comments about T opinions, I don't want to polémiquer avec les membres du forum, merci à tous de votre compréhension... :thanks
I assume you mean English...

Anyway let's end that here....there's nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion. Feedback whether positive or negative should be aired freely as far as I'm concerned. On the whole, if we visit this forum at all, it's because we love the views made on it...and of course because we're interested in Doxa watches

·
14,559 Posts
PIOU,
We appreciate your input here on the forum. I think your english is quite good.

I think most of us have benefited from Danny and TKite as well. I can understand that not everyone likes the 5000T. Doxa has put much effort into the development of it. I think they have done their best to include as many features as possible for the majority.

Unfortunately, as Doxa stated, ONE WATCH cannot please every person. I do think that is why Doxa is trying to EXPAND their product line..........to try to have something for everyone.

Take a second to see how Doxa has evolved since 2002. They basically offered 1 watch in 4 different models (300T reissue Pro, Sharky, DS, and Seahunter). Now, they will soon offer 17 different models to choose from:

1000T

Pro, Sharky, DS, Carib

750T

Pro, Sharky, GMT Pro, GMT DS, GMT Carib, GMT Sharky, Mil Sharky

T-Graph

Sharky, Pro, Carib

5000T

Pro, Sharky

Doxa Deco

I believe that this is only an indication of models to come. Watch, wait, and be patient. Doxa will produce something for everyone.

Giving constructive critisizm is invaluable. That is what has helped to give us the 5000T. I have never seen such a largely positive response regarding a Doxa model. Constant Negativity is not helpful. This is one reason that this thread has deteriorated.

Just my 2c

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Well said Jason. :-!

I think every buyer would like to change one thing on the 5000T - for me i'd have loved 1) a turquoise dial 2) a Jenny fish logo on the dial and 3) slightly bigger Seaconqueror font - but overall the watch faithfully represents what forum members wanted on the features poll.

So let's not have Sunday handbag fights over small issues eh ;-)

David.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Why so negative? The important words in T's post are "Here's what I had in mind...". So Doxa didn't come out with a custom watch to meet one person's wishes, and that person's going to gripe about it and that is their right to do so on this forum. But most of us feel that Doxa should get the input of the forum members and build a watch that meets the desires of MOST of the people. That's what they did with the 5000T. So let's move on, one person doesn't like it, didn't read any of the previous posts, and wants to vent. That's fine.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Why doesn't BMW build a smaller sized car with black wheels? I keep asking them to but they don't listen. Many people want a bigger car with silver wheels but not me. I have a Jaguar which I drive all the time but I want a BMW with black wheels, but they just won't build it. They listen to the other people and build what they want and not what I want. The fact is I know better than they do because I'm a professional driver. I drive all the time, those other guys just go shopping. What do they know about driving? I've never drove a BMW. Actually I've never even sat in one but I think I want one and if they make it the way I want it, well maybe, I might buy it. But then maybe not because I've got a Jaguar which I drive all the time. Why won't they do what I say and build it they way I want?

BMW build cars to make money. They please a lot of people or they wouldn't sell so many cars. Some people they don't please. Would they like to please them as well? Yep, but they probably never will.

Sound familiar?

Pete

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That's pretty funny :)

Why doesn't BMW build a smaller sized car with black wheels? I keep asking them to but they don't listen. Many people want a bigger car with silver wheels but not me. I have a Jaguar which I drive all the time but I want a BMW with black wheels, but they just won't build it. They listen to the other people and build what they want and not what I want. The fact is I know better than they do because I'm a professional driver. I drive all the time, those other guys just go shopping. What do they know about driving? I've never drove a BMW. Actually I've never even sat in one but I think I want one and if they make it the way I want it, well maybe, I might buy it. But then maybe not because I've got a Jaguar which I drive all the time. Why won't they do what I say and build it they way I want?

BMW build cars to make money. They please a lot of people or they wouldn't sell so many cars. Some people they don't please. Would they like to please them as well? Yep, but they probably never will.

Sound familiar?

Pete

·
Registered
2,132 Posts

Sound familiar?

Pete
Spoken from a true gentlemen. :-!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
After some of my posts, and my beating un cheveaux du morts (you get the idea) about DOXA, I end up getting to like my 600T and with my Mil Sharkie (now talk about a silly thing to call a watch) I really like DOXA, but just can't completely cotton up to this new one. But hey, we end up voting with our wallets. So for whatever my opinion is worth, as long as we can continue to disagree with each other and DOXA, politely, then I accept that.

Just please no Pete Green dials! lol

paul:-d:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
6,781 Posts

Sound familiar?

Pete
LOL, Pete!! BMW IS listening to you!

I just read that a 100 series BMW is on the way - and you can buy custom wheels!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts