WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Have a Happy Thanksgiving David, and all those over in Iraq and Afghanistan.

John P.
I'll second that.
And stay safe.

Steve

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
may God bless and protect them all.

I was pleasantly surprised last week when a couple of people in my office came up to me and asked about anysoldier.com: they wanted to know if it was a legit way to support the troops this holiday season.
I was touched that others would care, and told them it was a great way to support a soldier.

I also told them about contacting a local base's PA (public affairs) officer: they usually know if anyone of their deployed folks are not getting much mail, and will pass along a name or two, for a holiday package. My daughter's girl scout troop sent packages to a few marines from Camp Pen last year.

MWR is also sponsoring a support event/raffle for Walter Reed Army Hospital, for the housing unit that provide rooms for the visiting families of recovering soldiers.
Lots of ways to show your support.
DW

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awesome pics and thanks for posting these, John.

David - stay safe over there. Our prayers are with you and the troops.

My wife is heading over to Afghanistan early in the New Year for a six month deployment and taking my Doxa with her - it's bullet proof and she's promised to bring it back in perfect working order. She's really good at keeping her word so I know that she'll come back safe and sound with the Doxa on her wrist.

Although it looks like I may be going back over right after her, so we may do a handover of the Doxa in-country.

Ciao,

James

·
Registered
286 Posts
Amen to that! Welcome David!

Also for the newer forumers, please take a moment to check out this thread: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=17663

Any books we send are always greatly appreciated by the guys and gals 'over there'. :-!

Paul
I found a copy of Cussler's "Shock Wave" in my tent at Ali Al Salem, Kuwait. If I recall correctly it was purchased at "Third Hand Books" (no address).

Anyone here send it over?

I read it over a period of about 3 days waiting for my freedom flight...it was my first but not last Cussler novel.

I appreciate your efforts!:-!

·
Registered
18 Posts
John,
Again, thanks for the warm welcome. It's getting a bit chilly over here. Looking forward to my new rubber strap to show up, I'll post a pic when it does. The guys I support over here are from Hawaii, so they complain a lot when the temp goes below 70.:think: If anyone wants to send anything to some of the troops over here, they can send it to me and I will pass it on. My daughters school sends cards to the guys, and they appreciate everything they receive from the folks back home. You can send cards or anything to me, and I'll pass it on.
Dave Miller
General Dynamics C4 Systems
Bco 45th STB.
FOB Q-West
APO, AE 09351
Sorry to ramble on so much. But again, thanks for your support, the soldiers here really do appreciate it.
Dave>>>:thanks :-!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts