WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another rare one.

Dial is a bit messy, described as 'foxing' - opinions on if and how this will clean up please??

Stuck it on a cheapo nylon strap, only 20mm one i had, got a rubber deployment on the way. Aiming to wear it a while and decide if to get it spruced up or leave as it is.

Cheers,
David.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
I think it looks great!! better than I expected. I think you got a pretty good deal. I am not sure if I would do a thing to it. I might consider sending it to Jack, but I would tell him not to be too aggressive on it........

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Jason! Think i'll give it some wrist-time on rubber and see how i feel about, must admit i do like the 'worn' look, kinda fits with the army tag.

Now are you going to do me a deal on one of the bracelets you have on the Sales Forum!! ;-)

D.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Now that is beautiful!!! :p:p:p
OK, my eye is out for the 3rd Doxa Army. #3 is my lucky number so the next one up for sale, out in the world, is mine. ;-)

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
David....I think it looks great! The bezel and case look really nice and the lume's not bad either. If I were going to do anything to it, I'd try to have the dial cleaned. Other than that, it's aged nicely and I'd leave it alone. For straps...why not find a set of Tropic straps like what apparently it came with originally?

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
And the Tropics can be found with Squinky on the sales corner. He's got repro's, and I think maybe even some NOS originals?

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
And the Tropics can be found with Squinky on the sales corner. He's got repro's, and I think maybe even some NOS originals?
Squinky does have a nice collection of straps for sale. I'd like to put a set of black, perforated, basket weaves on a 600t or 1000t Sharkhunter to give it that super, vintage look|>

(Squinky's pic)

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Squinky's straps look so good!! That one that Searambler had on his 600T DS looked incredible:-!

And I am a bracelet guy:-d

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
Squinky's straps look so good!! That one that Searambler had on his 600T DS looked incredible:-!

And I am a bracelet guy:-d
Can you post the link to Searambler's photo? I imagine a DS would be awesome on a Tropic.

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
I keep forgettin' to try my repro Tropic's I got from him (one black, one orange). Truthfully, I've gotten lazy about switching straps! I now have so many watches to pick from the box, it seems like hardly any get enough wrist time (750T Pro excepted, it still gets the most non-work wear). But I just went into the box (put the Certina away, realizing I still want to try it on it's rubber strap and a Zulu....) and I had a tough time choosing between the Milshark and the Sharkhunter on Rubber. Ahh, life is good! (Milshark won the toss :-!).

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
I keep forgettin' to try my repro Tropic's I got from him (one black, one orange). Truthfully, I've gotten lazy about switching straps! I now have so many watches to pick from the box, it seems like hardly any get enough wrist time (750T Pro excepted, it still gets the most non-work wear). But I just went into the box (put the Certina away, realizing I still want to try it on it's rubber strap and a Zulu....) and I had a tough time choosing between the Milshark and the Sharkhunter on Rubber. Ahh, life is good! (Milshark won the toss :-!).
Which pattern repro's did you get?

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Which pattern repro's did you get?
Got the straight end basket weave style (no large perforations) in 22mm for the 750T's. Now that I think of it, maybe I should order a NOS curved end for the 300T!

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Army is starting to grow on me .The more I see them the more I am liking them.send it to Jack he will know what to do with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts