WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

· Registered
602 Posts
Hey Colinmet, what you see in the Basel display are prototypes only, they show all the possible variations of the current line. The final product fine tunings are yet be defined. I will start a poll and will invite you all, to choose the final design bits. It is obvious though that the case and bracelet have been manufactured but the diala and hands are yet to be defined.

Thank you
Rick
Rick,

now I am totally confused!

The pics on the website show the sharkhunter with the original style all white hands. To be honest that is what attracts me to this one, as it reminds me of the whiteshark I was forced to sell earlier in the year. However, are you saying if I bought one today from the website based on the pics, that I might receive one with a orange minute hand as the design is not final and is open for discussion by forum members?

I totally agree with the design being open to discussion. My fondness for the Bathys range and the Ocean 7 styles prooves that. However, I think that needs to be completed first before you start offering the watches for sale. Its just not good practice. people need to know what they are buying.

· Registered
602 Posts
What you see is what you get on the Doxa web site. The Sharkhunter 1000 and the Pro 1000 designs are finalized, parts are sourced, and Swiss Elves are standing by to build yours today. The pics at Basel are prototype COSC dialed watches and obviously the final designs are not solidified. I would imagine our inputs in months to come will help Rick and company finalize the designs prior to release. It happened on the Sharky T-Graph, the Searambler, GMT's, the Caribbean 750....you get my point.
As it would appear from the poll just launched a while ago the design is NOT finalized. that was my original point this morning. I would buy the sharkhunter as it is on the website now, but that is MAYBE how it will end up. Not as described currently. The poll refers to the 1000t, not a COSC version.

Also my other point was simple. If you are going to do design by poll or concencus, then by all means I agree with that. But do not release the watches or advertise them, until the decisions have been made.

As the website stands this watch is available for purchase today shipping in may 2007. Will the website change when the minds have been made up?

As for us having the choice, Doxa have never allowed the owner choice of hands before, individual to each order, and if I remember from a previous post, have no plans to do so. They will choose one or other of the colours and then that will be it, otherwise we'll end up with another batch of whitesharks which were never meant to be.

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.