WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all and happy new year!!

I just ordered my first Doxa last Thursday( SUB750T Pro). I can't wait for it to arrive. Is there anyone on this forum from Canada and how long did you wait for your watch?

Cheers

David

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

I just ordered my first Doxa last Thursday( SUB750T Pro). I can't wait for it to arrive. Is there anyone on this forum from Canada and how long did you wait for your watch?

Cheers

David

Hi David, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the DOXA family. Usually ordes take 3 to a maximum of 5 business days from order entry to arrival in the US and Canada.

Right now, with the new years holidays at the DOXA factory, fedex and customs, it will take slightly longer.

John

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

Cheers

David
I'm from Ontario, and both of my T-Graphs were bought second hand in new condition, so I can't comment on the time for arrival from Doxa. I can say that you made a great choice. Congrats!

Mark

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
David,

First of all, congrats on your order. You will not be disappointed with your Doxa. I previously bought two Doxas directly from them, and have a third (a Pro GMT), on its way. Doxa is saying that watches ordered during the holiday period will start shipping again 09 January 2007.

As for the delivery speed of your order, a lot will depend on where you live. If you live in/near an urban centre which has a FedEx depot, then the process is fairly straight-forward. You'll get a FedEx delivery notice and I would recommend that you call FedEx up directly, ask them to hold the package for p/u and then go and pick it up. You can pay the Customs duties and taxes either over the phone via credit card or when you pick the parcel up.

If you do not live in close proximity to your FedEx depot, and cannot be home during the day to await delivery, it takes a bit more coordination, although FedEx is very easy to work with. I live two hours away from the closest FedEx depot and my job does not allow me to wait at home for the FedEx delivery truck to make its way up here to my neck of the woods. So what I do is pay the Customs duties and taxes via telephone (credit card) with FedEx when the on-line tracking system says that it has entered Canada. I then have FedEx either re-direct to my office, or have it delivered to my next door neighbour (a retired coouple, and they are always home).

Again, congrats on your choice and wear it in good health for a long time to come.

Best regards,

James

·
Registered
272 Posts
Two Doxas here in Alberta with me - one bought right after the other which got me in some trouble with SWMBO. But I do love them so.

I asked Doxa to ship the watches to my office instead of home when I ordered them, which made things much easier for me. My only problem was the customs delay which I experienced with both watches - in both cases the watch was delayed a full day and Customs insisted on having a peek at my Doxas before they passed them along to me. All this despite Doxa filling out the required forms and openly indicating the value of the contents which should be taxed/dutied. Oh well. I did get them in the end, and they're brilliant!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Dean...SWMBO...took me a few seconds...She Who Must Be Obeyed? Where have I heard that??? Rumpole of the Bailey perhaps?

Jeremy

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
LOL! I have not heard that one in a while, Dean. Although it is one of the more common monikers where I work.

My frau actually told me to get the GMT (she knows that I've always wanted a GMT and figured that a proven brand and model like the Doxa SUB750T is better than the other options (e.g. a Rolex, etc).

James

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
David,

First of all, congrats on your order. You will not be disappointed with your Doxa. I previously bought two Doxas directly from them, and have a third (a Pro GMT), on its way. Doxa is saying that watches ordered during the holiday period will start shipping again 09 January 2007.

As for the delivery speed of your order, a lot will depend on where you live. If you live in/near an urban centre which has a FedEx depot, then the process is fairly straight-forward. You'll get a FedEx delivery notice and I would recommend that you call FedEx up directly, ask them to hold the package for p/u and then go and pick it up. You can pay the Customs duties and taxes either over the phone via credit card or when you pick the parcel up.

If you do not live in close proximity to your FedEx depot, and cannot be home during the day to await delivery, it takes a bit more coordination, although FedEx is very easy to work with. I live two hours away from the closest FedEx depot and my job does not allow me to wait at home for the FedEx delivery truck to make its way up here to my neck of the woods. So what I do is pay the Customs duties and taxes via telephone (credit card) with FedEx when the on-line tracking system says that it has entered Canada. I then have FedEx either re-direct to my office, or have it delivered to my next door neighbour (a retired coouple, and they are always home).

Again, congrats on your choice and wear it in good health for a long time to come.

Best regards,

James

Hi again and thank you to all that responded,

I am waiting for that email that says its on the way. I live Missisauga so I don't think it will be a problem, however, once I have my tracking info I just may arrange to pick up the package at the fed ex depot. I will keep you posted. Funny though, I have not yet received this watch and I have the incredible urge to get another!!!

Cheers

David

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
We all turn into Doxaholics once we buy our first one, David. But they are beautiful timepieces and you'll be happy with it.

Regards,

James

·
Registered
272 Posts
Dean...SWMBO...took me a few seconds...She Who Must Be Obeyed? Where have I heard that??? Rumpole of the Bailey perhaps?

Jeremy
Heh... picked that one up on TZ-UK and couldn't help using it yesterday when I was told "no - you can't have that Seamaster 300 until we've been on vacation and made sure it's not available cheaper overseas."

And yes, the Doxa addiction is a tough one to come to terms with - I ordered the searambler after just 1 week with the Professional.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts