WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Why is the Doxa Caribean 750t so popular? I guess they made only 250 of this model and the face is beautiful blue with orange white hands.

But they seem to sell so fast used on the forums and for a bunch of $$ on the bay.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious :roll:

Reactions: andy armitage

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
they made only 250 of this model and the face is beautiful blue with orange white hands
The answer lies within b-).

·
Registered
341 Posts
Gotta go with T-Bone on this one...I have six Doxa SUBs and the caribbean gets the most wrist time, BY FAR! I had thought the T-Graph Sharhunter would be my grail watch, but...

I find myself alternating between the caribbean 750T and the 600T Dirk Pitt...

Now, if I can just get Rick and Doxa to make a 5000T Caribbean...:-d!

Jeremy

·
14,594 Posts
For me, it is the logo and the orange second-hand. It is a tremendous looking watch. Makes me salivate to wonder what the Carib T-Graph will look like.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a dozen Doxas and the Caribbean is probably my favourite (followed very closely by my Sub300T Seahunters reissue). I remember the initial doubts about the colour from some members. Someone (Dr Pete?, apologies if not) who compared the colour to the North Atlantic rather than the Caribbean but Rick said we'd love it and I do! It's also something to do with the logo and the orange hand.

I agree with Jeremy - make a Caribbean 5000T.

Bill.

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
On the color, while it might not look like that of the Caribbean Sea, if you look at a blue dialed vintage Jenny Caribbean, the color of the Doxa is spot on. It's a gorgeous shade (can't imagine why I don't own one..... yet).

·
Registered
179 Posts
The color combination: blue dial, orange and white hands is a work of art. I rarely wear mine for that reason. I think of it as my "vacation watch".

·
Registered
44 Posts
Definately my favourite doxa. I seem to wear my orange 750T Pro more often though as I'm too worried about scratching the caribbean(it's just too precious!)

The orange/blue/helmet combo certainly makes it a unique splash of colour compared to my other favourites:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With a ~ 7.5 wrist it seems the Caribean should sit just fine...

·
Registered
147 Posts
As everyone knows, I have long championed the Caribbean 750T. It is the one I fell for and was lucky enough to get one, by posting a WTB on this forum.

What is hard to explain to anyone is how the face changes colour :-s Yes I know that sounds weird, but depending on the light it goes from dark blue to a really vibrant blue.

Mine gets worn everyday and I have no thoughts of changing this in the near future (mainly because I can't afford another DOXA....). If you can get hold of one I would really recommend it. Even if it turns out not to be for you, as you have correctly observed, you'll have no trouble re-selling it.

Have a good weekend everyone.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hunted for mine about 6 months and finally bought Nick's one.
I looked on the bay and the forum every day. Some were sold within 15 minutes after offering. To buy one in Europe is nearly impossible, most of them are in the US.
From all re-issues, this Caribbean is my favorite.
Regards,
Adrian.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Gotta say it was my first Doxa and far my most favorite.

I wear it all the time!

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Oh, sorry guys, I thought this was my Carribean! lol

Seriously the Carribean is a pretty good looking blue watch if I do say so myself!

paul:-d

·
DOXA Forum Moderator
5,729 Posts
On the color, while it might not look like that of the Caribbean Sea, if you look at a blue dialed vintage Jenny Caribbean, the color of the Doxa is spot on. It's a gorgeous shade (can't imagine why I don't own one..... yet).
T-Bone, the color is exactly like that of the Caribbean Sea. Maybe not the turquoise of the shallows that most are familiar with...but for the big, deep, blue water of the Caribbean....it's right on!:-!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I'm hoping it'll be in the mail Monday!!:-!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Caribean 750T is my second favorite behind the 750T Pro. Its to bad Doxa only made 250 pieces:-(. Maybe Doxa will do another run of the 750T Caribean if there is enough demand:-!.

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
The 750T is all but finished production wise. Casses are about used up (limited run of 5000 pcs). And the Caribbean Sea Hunter was issued first, at a limited edition of 250. We'll see no more of them I'm certain, but possibly another model similar in the future? Could be.

For now, the COSC 1000T Caribbean would be the closest but it's a little smaller and I think has no orange hand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 750T is all but finished production wise. Casses are about used up (limited run of 5000 pcs). And the Caribbean Sea Hunter was issued first, at a limited edition of 250. We'll see no more of them I'm certain, but possibly another model similar in the future? Could be.

For now, the COSC 1000T Caribbean would be the closest but it's a little smaller and I think has no orange hand.
That really sucks! I felt the 750T was the perfect size for me. All the other models seem a bit bulkier to me. I think its mainly due to there height. I think the 600t is the shortest of the bunch but alas the dial size seemed to small. Where the 1000T seems to have a larger dial but is taller. Yep the 750T is just right!:-!

Goldilocks:-d

1 - 20 of 28 Posts