WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

DOXA cover story on hr watches

4K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  Peter D 
#1 · (Edited)
Dear members, DOXA is on the cover page of hr watches January issue. A very nice reading, will be available at the newsstand, barnes etc starting January 1th

John

See less See more
#2 ·
Is there any possibility that this article will be fully available online in a pdf format?. I don't have access to this magzine in this area of the UK.:thanks

#4 ·
There are a couple of pdf documents of various watch magazine articles on the DOXA website under the PRESS tab. Hopefully a copy of this latest article will be made available and placed alongside these other articles...................PLEASE!!!!!

#6 ·
I have only been able to access a small segment of the current issue, Hopefully when the site is updated the DOXA article wil be one of those that is fully accessable. Many thanks for the website tip-off.
Regards

#11 ·
In the archive section of the hrwatch website, they keep a picture of the issue cover and a pdf of the feature article. With any luck, the Doxa article will show up soon.

--msa

#13 ·
Hi guys,

It is an excellent article but if you are out buying a copy, look for the February 2007 issue. I saw a reference in the message chain here to January, but mine says February (it did just arrive).

By the way, I saw my first Doxa (750T) last week when one of the forum members was kind enough to contact me when he was in Indianapolis :-! . I can't say enough about a watch brand or forum whose members go out of their way like that.

It was a nice looking watch. Now I may have to get one. If only the GMT wasn't quite so "busy" looking.:think:

pastor_chuck

#16 ·
Dear Doxa,

Congrats on the HR magazine cover and article! Picked a copy up in the Air Canada lounge today to keep me company during my travels this week. Looks great! :-!

Have to admit to feeling quite proud to be sporting my searambler (sadly, no Professional as I have many meetings to attend in a suit) -- and flashing it with reckless abandon -- while reading the magazine.

#19 ·
Picked up the magazine yesterday at Border's. The article is broken into three parts, with the first detailing the founding of Doxa through the founder placing the eight day in cars. The next portion details the gentleman responsible for creating the Sub 300T, and shows what a battle he fought to convince people that an orange faced watch would be a good thing to produce. The final portion gives a very nice writeup of Rick and all he has done to bring Doxa back to the USA, including his battle to offer the watches via the internet.

Great article, very informative and Kudos to Rick for going all out an making Doxa once again available in the USA.

Finally the article has a very nice advertisment for the Divingstar GMT, along with the Mike Fletcher Ad for the 750T Pro.

I will attempt to scan and PDF it tomorrow. If the Mod's and Doxa have no problem I'll post the PDF file.......

~S

#22 ·
No problem guys. I'll do it first thing tomorrow morning. I'll give it a shot on the color scanner first......

~S

#24 ·
I picked up a copy at Borders today.

I was surprised to find no mention of Clive Cussler.

The article was great in pointing out how many "firsts" Doxa has achieved in the watch industry. Makes you pround to own one.
I was surprised at that to.....but I guess the article just wanted to deal with the Doxa Company.

#27 ·
My bookstore had two copies left. I bought them both. One for my night stand. One for my office. The article and photos are great.

Can't wait for Pete to see it and tell us all if they got the history correct.

If diverdown doesn't get the PDF's our tomorrow, I'll scan it.

#28 ·
My bookstore had two copies left. I bought them both. One for my night stand. One for my office. The article and photos are great.

Can't wait for Pete to see it and tell us all if they got the history correct.

If diverdown doesn't get the PDF's our tomorrow, I'll scan it.
Running the articles through the HP digital machine right now. Not sure if it does color, so the first pdf file may be in Black and White. If so, I'll have our graphics person scan it with her color scanner and then I'll post the color copy.

#29 ·
ok...I have the article scanned in color (machine needs to be serviced, so the quality is not 100 percent, but still very readable).

However, the file is 2.14 mb's in size and the site will not let me upload the file....so I uploaded it to my website:

www.konopko.com

You will see the heading "doxa Article"...click on the "paperclip Icon then click on the "doxa article.pdf" link to open Adobe and view the article. Once in Adobe, you can save the file.

Hope this works for everybody, If one of the Moderators can attach the full 2.14 file to this forum directly, let me know and I'll send it to you.

our digital sender is now being serviced, (to remove the lines) so a clearer file should be ready by monday.

Regards,
Stephen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.