WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Those are beautiful watches to wear with a coat and tie, I think.

·
Registered
341 Posts
You would think, but I have had one for months and it just doesn't get any wrist time. Anytime I have to wear a suit or similar attire, I find myself going with my 750T searambler, or one of the caribbeans (750T or GMT). I look at the Deco in the box and think "I should wear that, it's a really nice looking watch" and then I don't :-s. Maybe this will spur me on to wear it from time to time...maybe not :-d! Having said all of that, it IS a beautiful watch and would make a very nice addition to any watch collection :-!!

Jeremy

·
Registered
582 Posts
My sentiments EXACTLY! It is a beautiful watch that sits on my winder. It's a dressier watch and I don't dress up too often. When I DO wear it I get compliments on it, but those times are few and far between, sadly. Perhaps I'll actually break down and sell/trade it one of these days so it can be worn more often.

...but part ways with one of my Doxas???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't believe it didn't sell with a starting bid @ $500! Brand new, never worn and with the leather and the stainless band. I put it back on ebay with a buy it now price of $500.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just bought one straight from Doxa and am still waiting for it to arrive. Just the strap, no bracelet for me.

I needed a dress watch, and don't mind it sitting a year between "events".

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Scottie ended up getting this one with the Buy it Now. I can't wait, because I have wanted to see one. Good thing about 2 Doxaholics working together is that I sometimes feel like I get to own 2x as many watches. Or at least I get to try out his..........:-!

I don't let him touch my watches........:-d

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thats not very nice Jason, since he is the one that turned you on to Doxa!;-)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well look everyone......it's jjcortese. He just made his second monumental post since Feb 2007:-d. Just kidding, Jeff also works with me & Jason but we haven't been able to turn him onto Doxa yet. Instead he buys Breitling knock-offs just to give us something to laugh at. Welcome back jjcortese and yes I will pick up those shelves eventually :-!.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts