WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After spending a lot of time surfing the various sites, forums etc... and having become aware of many different watches. I still find that ultimately I want a DOXA Sub. Specifically the Project Aware II turquoise dial 1200. At 6'4 300 lbs with 7-1/2" wrists, I'm not sure I can pull off this 42 mm watch. I usually go with the larger watches as they look like they wear best. Is there a DOXA owner on the site with similar build, wrist size that can post a pic?? Does anyone have a comparison pic of a DOXA 1200 along a 47 mm watch?? Any help is appreciated. I'm tired of being on the fence and don't want to spend the money on something I won't wear on account of its size. I know there are other similar models but, I love the dial on the PAII and the beads of rice bracelet. I almost pulled the trigger last night but, need that extra push.Thank you

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I'm sure others will chime in but I have often heard that the classicly sized Doxas wear a bit smaller than other watches of similar size. For some people, this makes them just right. For others, it makes them unmanageably small.

I, at 6'2" and 220 with 7.25 in wrists, would have agreed with the latter opinion just judging by the fit of my larger sized Doxas. But more recently, I purchased an old Rolex Sea Dweller which is the smallest by a hair of the old school Rolexes. At first, it's small size bothered me a bit. But, in a relatively short span of time, it seemed to look perfectly normal.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that:

A. The 1200 will likely appear fairly small to you if you are used to large watches...smaller than other watches of the same size.

B. As others here have said, the size appears something you can grow accustomed to, though that's not a universal opinion.

So, since you seem to be very keen on the unique features of the PAII, it may be worth trying one out. You can always sell the watch if it doesn't suit you, though you should be aware that Doxas do take a bit of a price hit on the second hand market, the limited editions (sorry, the very limited editions, since all Doxas are limited editions technically) perhaps slightly less so.

Pure speculation on my part, but something to get you started while waiting for others who have 1000s/1200s to chime in! :)

Deacon

·
Banned
900 Posts
You probably need to look at 750T, 850T, 1500T or 5000T in the slightly larger case. I have an 8.25 inch wrist and these models lend to it better than the slighly smaller one. 4000T and 300T T graph are larger than those; I have both and they are large enough.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I agree the 1200t is just to Small for someone of your size. I even tried the 1500T and found it to Small for me at 6 '5 ft and 7 inch wrist size the 4000T was the way to go for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts