WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Breitling Aerospace, Tag Heuer Aquaracer, Tag Heuer Formula 1, Dox Sub 200, Oris 65
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Doxa Sub 200 and before I purchased it I read a review on Hodinkee which said the prototype sample sent to the reviewer did not have a lumed bezel but the production models would. I have an orange dial model and bezel is not lumed from what I can tell. If it is it is really weak. Does anyone have the same experience?
Thank you,
Fred
52BEBA99-972C-4BA0-AA74-F205F30970CF.jpeg

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
Yep. All sub200s are like that. Allegedly lumed, but it's weak as squirrel sh**. No worries, it's normal, just your usual Doxa design.

Reactions: Halo2018$

·
Registered
1997 Breitling Aerospace, Tag Heuer Aquaracer, Tag Heuer Formula 1, Dox Sub 200, Oris 65
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. All sub200s are like that. Allegedly lumed, but it's weak as squirrel sh**. No worries, it's normal, just your usual Doxa design.
Thanks. Appreciate the confirmation. I love the watch anyway.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It's lumed, but it's pretty low. I think they call it vintage style, but in reality it's just weak. Overall I love the watch though. I've even thought about replacing the bezel insert.

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, yours looks pretty good. I think I saw this photo on Instagram. Love the orange..
I love my watch. Normally it would bother me not to have a lumed pip but it doesn't on this watch.
Thanks so much for confirming.
Fred

·
Registered
244 Posts
Almost imperceptible bezel lume seems to be the norm for this watch. Even after exposure to the sun or a UV light, the lume is dim and fleeting. It's not too great on the hands and indices either, but I can forgive this for the dial color and historical case shape.

Reactions: Halo2018$

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much for confirming. Much appreciated. Fred
Almost imperceptible bezel lume seems to be the norm for this watch. Even after exposure to the sun or a UV light, the lume is dim and fleeting. It's not too great on the hands and indices either, but I can forgive this for the dial color and historical case shape.
thank you for confirming. I’m also willing to overlook this in this particular watch. I still love it. What a bracelet and case!
Fred

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Go for it. Lume is weak on bezel but honestly there is worse around!!! It a lovely watch with tons of light reflections. Love mine.

Envoyé de mon Mi A2 Lite en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Go for it. Lume is weak on bezel but honestly there is worse around!!! It a lovely watch with tons of light reflections. Love mine.

Envoyé de mon Mi A2 Lite en utilisant Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply. I agree wholeheartedly. I am disappointed in the lume but this is one watch I won’t sell. Famous last words. I love the watch; orange dial, fantastic bracelet and awesome case.
Thanks again.
Fred
If you’re used to a Seiko this will disappoint. If you can live with the lower lume output, it’s a lovely piece.
Yes! Thank you. I have had many Seiko’s but at the moment have only 1; skx009. Lume is exceptional. I do love the Doxa in spite of weak lume. Thank you, Fred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts