WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me where can I find i Europe the Gasket Set (O-Ring) for my DOXA SUB 300T, production Year 1969, or wich service in Europe can replace the gasket on my DOXA SUB 300T. Yhank in advance. Suvi

·
Registered
630 Posts
I don't know about Europe. But Jack Alexyon at IWW does a wonderful job on old Doxa Subs. Visit his website and veiw the photo section. It would be worth sending it to him.

Cheers,
Andy

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,691 Posts
I don't know about Europe. But Jack Alexyon at IWW does a wonderful job on old Doxa Subs. Visit his website and veiw the photo section. It would be worth sending it to him.
I've had a few watches restored by Jack and he does a wonderful job but he does not have a source for Doxa unique crystal seals. I've got a 300T Sharkhunter at IWW right now and should see it in a few months.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've had a few watches restored by Jack and he does a wonderful job but he does not have a source for Doxa unique crystal seals. I've got a 300T Sharkhunter at IWW right now and should see it in a few months.
Hi Bo,

How does he seal the crystal? I had a watchmaker tell me that he would use a liquid gasket maker on the crystal when I asked about servicing my vintagage 300T. I plan to have Jack service and repair my Sharkhunter as soon as I can scrounge a bezel(wishful thinking!).

Thanks,
Andy

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
38,691 Posts
Hi Bo,

How does he seal the crystal? I had a watchmaker tell me that he would use a liquid gasket maker on the crystal when I asked about servicing my vintagage 300T. I plan to have Jack service and repair my Sharkhunter as soon as I can scrounge a bezel(wishful thinking!).

Thanks,
Andy
Liquid gasket maker...is that anything like silicone glue?

Jack’s going to buff the scratches from the crystal while it is installed on the watch and leave the stock seal alone. He said it’s the best he can do until seals become available again. He also stressed that he can’t guarantee water tightness, which I am fine with.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Liquid gasket maker...is that anything like silicone glue?

Jack’s going to buff the scratches from the crystal while it is installed on the watch and leave the stock seal alone. He said it’s the best he can do until seals become available again. He also stressed that he can’t guarantee water tightness, which I am fine with.

Yeah, I think is something like it. I have been told by everyone that a vintage watch cannot be guaranteed water tight. No big deal, I don't intend on taking my old watches out for a swim! Thats what new ones are for:-D

Andy

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Gaskets and seals are as scarce as the proverbial "Hens teeth" From what I was told the manufacturer stopped making these gaskets(Crystal gasket and case back gasket) some time back. The supply is all but exhausted. Also, we have the same problem, lots of model changes which used different sizes. Unfortunately,to produce new ones just in the common sizes would be cost prohibitive unless you did a huge production run.

The best advice I have is to send your watch to a good watchmaker, let him know that the seals are almost impossible to source, and for him to be very careful with the old ones if they are intact. Of course if you send it to Jack, he already knows all the problems.

·
Registered
656 Posts
If you do send it to Jack be prepared to wait.
He's had my Searambler since early July.:-|

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Not too bad considering RGM had one of my Divingstar 300T's for almost a year!
Arthur

·
Registered
656 Posts
Not too bad considering RGM had one of my Divingstar 300T's for almost a year!
Arthur
That's a long time!
Yours had much more done to it if I remember correctly.
Mine is just cleaning/oiling of the movement and replace gaskets (I know they are impossible to get). Also maybe a relume. Otherwise it's in great shape and keeps time well. There has been very little contact from him and only when I called/emailed first. I had my 300 reissue at RGM for a time adjustement and new crown. It took a while waiting for parts. But as soon as they got it in they did the work quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts