WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just back from Sharm EL Sheikh in the Red Sea, so not got my hands on my Searambler T-Graph yet (should be arriving tomorrow).

I'm always amazed when I go back diving in Sharm how good the colours are, and I've not found another location on my many trips round the globe that can match the corals. Even when the plankton is high and viz low the light penetrates through and colours are still excellent.

Here are some shots from my trip, enjoy. :)

Photo of James (my business partner and MD of studio808) wearing his SUB 750T Pro

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm going to just say this right now...Lionfish are the sexiest looking fish I have ever seen!!! I am sooo jealous you got to take pictures of them in their natural habitat close up!!!

But I really like all the other pictures. I just love how vibrant all the colors are and the diversity of all the different coral and fish.

Just awesome!!!!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,636 Posts
Greg, you truly are an artist and the ocean is on your easel. Magnificent shots!! I hope to be able to dive the Red Sea someday. It is top of the list for "far away places". Thanks for the shots.:thanks:p

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Oh my! Greg, you've done it again. Stunning pics, the colors drip right off the monitor! I'll have to add the location to my "some day" list too. :-!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,636 Posts
Greg, I was just examining your pictures again............correct me if I am wrong, but isn't your lower pusher completely unscrewed? You didn't happen to be using your pushers while underwater...........:-s:-s:-s:think::think::think::think::think:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mmk, question...What exactly is a pusher and what's it's function?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Mmk, question...What exactly is a pusher and what's it's function?
Chronograph pushers are the buttons used to activate, stop and reset the chronograph (stopwatch) portion of a chronograph equipped watch (like the Doxa T Graph).

Chronographs on watches where the watch (but NOT the chronograph) is meant to be used underwater (ie: diving) will often have screw down (or screw locked) pushers to prevent inadvertently depressing the pushers underwater, thus risking water intrusion into the watch.

Sometimes (like on the 40th Anniversary T Graphs), the watch will have screw down pushers even though they can be operated underwater, though not to the watches full rated depth.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks guys :thanks

Well, Jason and T-Bone, if ever you want to do a trip out to Sharm then I can arrange everything from the hotel and airport pickups to dive package (except the flights). I have a friend out there who owns a dive centre in a nice hotel that's a good price. ;-)

Maybe we could do a Red Sea "Searaiders" trip if enough are interested, takes about 10 as minimum to get the a boat exclusive. Boats can cater for up to 30 divers max. This is the best time of year to see the critters (anything form Whale Sharks and Mantas to Hammerheads and even Thresher and Tiger Sharks have been see at this time of year, but it's down to luck as you all know. Sharm has some of the best corals in the Red Sea and some of the best dive sites.

The trip I have just been on was a "Shark Week" special we (studio808) sponsored with the Elite Diving, the dive company. We had great week and saw hammerheads and Leopard sharks (sorry, I didn't get any good pictures to show though).

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Very nice, thanks for sharing. Spactacular!

·
Registered
711 Posts
fantastic pics from a fantastic dive spot (i know) :-!
:thanks for sharing

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Wow! Excellent photos. What's you're camera?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Greg, I was just examining your pictures again............correct me if I am wrong, but isn't your lower pusher completely unscrewed? You didn't happen to be using your pushers while underwater...........:-s:-s:-s:think::think::think::think::think:

Hi Jason, well spotted!! :-d
Yes, Rick wanted me to crash test one of my original T-Graphs and send back to him to make sure there are no problems with the pushers on the first generation T-Graphs. I was testing it down to 50mts and probably did overkill on the pushers with constant pusing of them at that depth. Watch seems fine, but will be sending back to DOXA for examination. I'll keep you all posted. My advice is wait before using your first generation T-Graphs until we know for sure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hey thanks for the links to all those pictures. They are just absolutely beautiful!!!

You are quite the photographer, and those are some of the best pictures I have seen :).

Keep it up!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts