WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just thought some might find some comparison pics interesting.

I just got the Doxa on Friday from a WUS member, and wore it pretty much all weekend. I like the styling on both watches. The Sinn is bigger and heavier, and is dominated by the bezel and watch face. The bezel overhangs the case by just a bit. The Doxa does not wear as big, I think mainly due to the bezel not being as big as the case. This works for the Doxa, and gives it a unique look.

I won't comment on which is better, as they are both very nice and will certainly take anything I am going to throw at them.

I really like the rice bead bracelet, as again, it is unique and adds to the individuality of the Doxa, where the Sinn is distinguished by it's heft and clean face.

Here are some pics:

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Very nice comparison pics. I find the DOXA 750T's outstanding as well, but have never tried a U1 (but that one is on my list as well).

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Great looking watches! b-) You sure have a couple great options to choose from. Thanks for the comparison and wear them well. :-!

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Nice one! That Doxa is very cool! :-!

·
Registered
11,690 Posts
Very cool comparison pics! b-)

That PVD Doxa is a real eye catcher! |>

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Never been a fan of the rice bracelet but I am warming up to it quickly. The Sinn bracelet is top notch.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Great images
Everytime I think about a new acquisition and look at the winder for watches to sell off, I always skip the U1, there is something about that watch it screams durable tool, the bracelet is superb, springbars so no lug scuffs, and the tegimented bezel keep it looking great.
probably a tegimented bracelet is in order
The only issues I have ever had with Doxa is they do seem to be scuff scratch magnets although the PVD is quite durable apparently
here is U1 on greg strap and with bracelet

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the positive comments everyone, and nice pics also! As to the Lume, it seems the DOXA has a different lume on the hands vs the hour markers. Noticeably brighter that the hour markers, but all seems applied consistent. The U1 has solid lume, but i would have to say the Doxa hands again, are brighter.

After some wrist time and eyeball time, I am liking the Doxa rice bracelet as it continues the unique look of the Doxa.

Those commenting on the Sinn, are right on the money, the bracelet is very very solid and really adds to the tool look of the U1.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
It seems lume varies on different DOXA models and build batches. I have three 750T's and their lumes are all even between the dial and hands.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice Lume shot!

On the U1, all the Lume seems the same as the Doxa hour markers, but as I mentioned the Doxa Hands kind of jump out. After settling in for 30 minutes, the difference is hardly noticeable, if at all. Since the U1 has large hands and more lume, I think the net effect is that after the initial burn, both are pretty legible in the dark.

Interesting though that your Doxa looks to have the same lume on all components...cool!

·
Registered
17,515 Posts
I have bought and sold 3 sinn u1's, and now have another one. That tells me I like the sinn. I don't have a doxa yet but would consider one after seeing your comparison shots.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I had the U1 just a month ago and sold it. Reason? The usual routine, something called for me! :-d All I can say is that besides the SAR which I personal ranked it the best tool watch for $400-600 range, the next cap from $800-1500, the U1 is the best! Everything about it is just awesome especially the BUILT, except for its lume. It is not that good! But I have expected that.

As for the DOXA, I really have no comment as I did not own one before. But looking at the pic comparing the DOXA and the U1, I think the U1 looks more a BAD "S" than the DOXA!b-) Now for that lume shot of the DOXA, it is really nice but I notice the exposure was about 15-16 seconds.:roll: Maybe I would be convinced more if the shot of the DOXA's lume is within less than 5 seconds. :think:

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I somewhat agree on the U1s lume. it lasts very long-7hrs is as long as I've tested it-it's just not that bright ever. So if it is pitch black you can see it fairly well for a long period. It is nothing compared to my monsters though.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Seriously the monster's lume and many other SEIKOs and CITIZENs put many top notch SWISS MADE brands' lume into shame. Cos either they are weak or they are unevenly done!<| Some also have brighter hands than their markers?!:rodekaart

1 - 20 of 23 Posts