WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Look what I saw on the 'bay, a DOXA orange t-shirt.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Doxa-Shirt-XL_W0...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reply by DOXA.

Hi Graeme, this is not an authentic DOXA T-shirt, the seller was reported to ebay and will remove the auction immediatly. It is violating DOXAs copyright and trademark

DOXA S.A.
I can say that it looked pretty cheap too. I am glad Doxa commented on this. As for Ebay pulling the auction i would be pretty surprised. I have seen many fake watches and commented and Ebay did nothing.

I have also seen a couple Doxa signs that were for sale that were supposedly in a dive shop to sell Doxa watches. These looked as if they were painted recently.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I actually bought one of the signs for the study/office. I really didn't care about quality etc... it just kinda looked cool. But I will say that is was advertised as being in a watch shop a few years back and after receiving it, I doubt it. I appears to have been recently done at a sign shop on some plastic backing. Not a bad look but definetely not authentic. The seller had enclosed a letter thanking me (for probably paying $50 for something that he had $17 invested in) but included an email address and stated he had a few more if I was interested. No thanks....but I'll enjoy the one fake one I have.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I saw that but figured it was a used shirt.....a bit to creepy for me. I plus if DOXA made shirts we would all be wearing one right now. LOL

·
Registered
127 Posts
The design, layout etc didn't really grab me - I'm sure DOXA could do better with an official shirt; maybe reproducing a watch face and the famous bezel or incorporating the "fish" logo. There could be several colourways - Black shirt with orange watch face or fish or "Doxa", white shirt with black shakhunter face, yellow divingstar on black etc.

I'd probably buy one (or two, or three - aaah, that's how the watch collection started!).

How about it Rick?

Bill.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Too funny! The auction has been changed to claim the shirt is advertising a "different" DOXA...not the one that makes and sells watches and uses that particular lettering style and the color orange. It claims to be a "whole different kind of DOXA" that what we think of. Wow!
it now says this. Too Funny :-d

The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's funny, that t-shirt was only $13.99 buy it now, but it's $90.63 to ship it to Ireland.:-s

1 - 9 of 9 Posts