WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just realized that my dad has a drawer of some old vintages!
Story was he picked most of them up while growing old!

Not sure what are these (i'd be happy if anyone can enlightened me and share some knowledge!), but here's some pictures while playing with my camera.

Check these out!

Rolex Oyster
IMG_9739.JPG IMG_9745.JPG IMG_9746.JPG IMG_9769.JPG

Omega Automatic Geneva Date
IMG_9766.JPG IMG_9767.JPG

Omega Automatic De Ville Date
IMG_9734.JPG IMG_9742.JPG IMG_9743.JPG IMG_9744.JPG

Omega Gold De Ville
IMG_9730.JPG IMG_9788.JPG my little on trying to snatch it!

More to come...!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
What a stunning collection of watches!!!!!

You have also taken some very nice photos....

Wish I could open a draw and find just 1 of those.......

Marc

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys!
Here's one funny group shot for Xmas!
IMG_9775 reduced.JPG

I'm just an amateur in both horology and photography.

Yes, my dad does have keen eyes for nice stuffs!
Its a pity that I (or in fact him as well!) do not know anything about these pieces except that they are not worth much in today's context - quick look around ebay to realise that (Not that we are selling though!). Its just that there's a trend for Bigger, Thicker and Heavier things.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
.....do not know anything about these pieces except that they are not worth much in today's context

Im not sure I or others on here would totally agree with that statement.... But I suppose it depends on how deep your pockets are when looking at 'worth'... As we dont do 'valuations' here, we cant talk money.... But it would take me a long long time to save up cash for a collection like that!

As for details on the watches.... for a broad statement, they look to date from the 70s to early 80s.... the Rolex may be late 60s... Not an expert on Rolex (or any watch really).

I can not make out the serial number on the Gold De Ville... but you can check this table of serial numbers to date the watch to an approx year!

Omega Serial Numbers By Year...

You can use that table to date all the Omegas... if you can get into the movements!!

The Eterna is a favourite of mine and I hope to own one in the future.... The style of yours is quite 'basic' as the KonTiki 10.... As the Super KonTiki and other KonTiki are diver style watches...

You can email Eterna with the case serial number and they should tell your the movement and year of manufacture....

ETERNA - Nothing but Watchmaking

I could guess at the Omega Movement cals.... but movement pics would help to date and aid in the supply of info!

Marc

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Marc!

I really am not sure about the monetary value of these but agree there's definitely some other ways of putting a worth on a timepiece. Your info and guidance will definitely come in helpful as i explore and learn more abt these vintages! I'm planning to clean them all up and enjoy them if allowed! Definitely will post some movement pics to seek your help!

Which Eterna do you dig?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts