Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you choose between this 4:

- RG Journe Chronometre Souverain 40mm
- Journe CB
- RG Patek 5227 - 39mm
- RG JLC Duometre Lunar 40.5m

I know the Lunar Duo is probably less of a "dress" watch but play along. :)

Any other option?

·
Registered
15,919 Posts
CS for sure

·
Premium Member
8,594 Posts
For a dress watch, yes the CS. in general, my fav is the Duometre.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Any other option?
Urban Jurgensen 1140RG
Laurent Ferrier Galet Square (pre-owned)
Minerva Villeret 1858 (prior to full purchase by Richemont and given to Montblanc as their HH movement division)
Parmigiani Fleurier Tonda 1950 or original Toric
Moritz Grossmann Tefnut or Benu
Chopard L.U.C. – there are a few options, older and new, with the Fairmined dial being absolutely beguiling.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Another vote for the Journe CS.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The Journe CS (the CB is not available at MSRP, but could be a good buy up in the low 30s).

Other options are Breguet's Classique line, namely the retrograde seconds 5207 and the moonphase power reserve 7787, both 39mm.
The 7147 is 40mm with either guilloché or enamel dial are lovely and the watch is 8mm thin.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have a Journe CS in Plat and love it..great watch. So for me I would go 5227r, which I happen to have “incoming” tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
714 Posts
Journe all day. Like others have said, it's the best bang for your buck. It's also unique and they hold their value quite well. Their movements are solid precious metal and friggen magnificent.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for your feedback. I am quite surprised so much love for Journe. I am sure 5 years back the responses would have been quite different. I agree that CS is stunning and probably my favourite as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have a platinum CS and wear it continuously. It's a fantastic, beautiful, stunning watch and keeps extremely accurate time. The rose gold movement is absolutely gorgeous as well. My vote, of course, goes for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts