WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve been looking around the latest month or so for a dress watch with a manual movement with high finish. I`m looking in the sub $5K area and wondered If anyone had anything to recommend? I`m looking for something of classic size 34-37mm and with steel or RG case. Preferable with sapphire caseback.

I`ve come up with the following watches so far,

Blancpain 7002 (Highly finished peseux 7001)
JLC Master Ultra Thin (Inhouse)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I`ve been looking around the latest month or so for a dress watch with a manual movement with high finish. I`m looking in the sub $5K area and wondered If anyone had anything to recommend? I`m looking for something of classic size 34-37mm and with steel or RG case. Preferable with sapphire caseback.

I`ve come up with the following watches so far,

Blancpain 7002 (Highly finished peseux 7001)
JLC Master Ultra Thin (Inhouse)
What about a pre-owned Patek Philippe? (If you can find one)
If you don't mind rectangular or square, then go for a Cartier or Longines. Longines can be had in 18ct, manual wind or quartz, like this one which is the La Dolca Vita series:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I would definitely recommend the Jaeger LeCoultre Master Grande Taille or Master Thin. JLC's movement is in-house and well known in term of quality and accuracy. I'm sure there are other watch brands that rival JLC in this category. However, for me, the JLC stands out above in its visual appeal and aesthetic design. Somehow, a JLC watch looks very classy, stylish, and well balanced. Even the name itself carries its own charm.

Just my opinion.

Kevin

PS: Although I have to say I don't particularly like the Sport Reverso nor the latest Square Reverso. These are just way too sporty for my taste. But then again I tend to look at other brands when it comes to sport watches.

·
Registered
920 Posts
My favorite dress watch I have was this one. Sorry for using the eBay link, but I don't have pics of my watches and these pics aren't that great. I will say I paid about $500 less than what the eBay one is priced from Shop NBC with a 5 year warranty. Scroll down to the pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TRAPEZE-SWISS-MADE-AUTOMATIC-LIMITED-EDITION-2890_W0QQitemZ110055898912QQcmdZViewItem

I bought another watch from Shop NBC, in fact, I have bought a lot of watches there. Love the value pay. This one I paid like $250.00 for and it has become my favorite dress watch. It does have the front and back Sapphire crystals. It keep great times as well.

Also, if anyone sees a Patek Philippe for sub 5K, let me know.

Smurfe

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
This has become my dress watch..my Kobold Spirit of America...on a Alligator band. It is a bit bigger than you specified, but it is a beatiful watch.

Sorry it is not the best picture but better can be seen at the Kobold site.

Good Luck!
Al

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the recomendations. However It seems like the JLC Ultra Thin will end up here with me:-! There`s something about that movement that keeps calling on me.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts