WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gents can you all recommend some HAQ models that would be considered on the dressy side? Not sport. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Hi gents can you all recommend some HAQ models that would be considered on the dressy side? Not sport. Thanks.
I don't know if it counts as HAQ, but Bulova's UHF Precisionist line has some dressy models that are supposedly accurate to 10 seconds a year, plus you get a smooth sweeping hand, for under $200.

Regards,
Alysandir

Reactions: BillSWPA

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
Another potential option may be the Junghans Meister Mega. Might not be available generally just yet. RF, yes, but also claimed to be good to 8 SPY without that.

Reactions: LCLaddict

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't know if it counts as HAQ, but Bulova's UHF Precisionist line has some dressy models that are supposedly accurate to 10 seconds a year, plus you get a smooth sweeping hand, for under $200.

Regards,
Alysandir
If you're referring to the Surveyor line then just be aware they were discontinued more than a year ago. Some are left on the gray market but they're getting tough to find.

·
Registered
421 Posts

Regards,
Alysandir
The Bulova 262 kHz movements may or may not exactly meet 10 sec./year, but they will not miss it by much, and will only be a few seconds off when it is time to reset for daylight savings time.

Bulova would do well by offering this movement in a wider variety of watches.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The Bulova 262 kHz movements may or may not exactly meet 10 sec./year, but they will not miss it by much, and will only be a few seconds off when it is time to reset for daylight savings time.

Bulova would do well by offering this movement in a wider variety of watches.
They used to. The Snorkel line and the Accutron II (Surveyor) line were 262kHz watches but discontinued in the last few years, it must have been lousy sales. If people weren't buying them no one can blame Bulova for killing them off. I was lucky to get my hands on the Surveyor in gold/blue dial but it was via the used market route.

Right now the only models with a 262kHz movement of any sort are the Lunar Pilot (aka their moon watch), the Chronograph C (aka 'Stars and Stripes'), the CURV line and the Precisionist line. None can be considered dress watches.

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
If you're referring to the Surveyor line then just be aware they were discontinued more than a year ago. Some are left on the gray market but they're getting tough to find.
I haven't a clue what collection it belongs to, but I was referring to this:

Precisionist 96B158

There's a blue-dialed version as well, as I recall.

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I haven't a clue what collection it belongs to, but I was referring to this:

Precisionist 96B158

There's a blue-dialed version as well, as I recall.

Regards,
Alysandir
I have one of the blue dial versions. I don't really count it as either a dress watch or a HAQ, but plenty of people would argue against me on both points.

·
Premium Member
9,463 Posts
I have the blue dialed version. Very nice, very accurate but at 42mm and with not very polished case it doesn't seem too dressy.
Shape of the lugs was a point for me, along with the size. Yes, more sport-dress than pure dress IMO.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Tough order. I think I'm leaning towards grand seiko. I wish the longines vhp came in a dressier version.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Clearly, that is both and in a beautiful way. What is the reference number?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The lettering looks different to me. I think more likely SBGV023 but could be SBGV007. But it's an elegant and manly look no doubt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts