WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has recently mentioned that she hates taking off her watch when she goes swimming (which she does about twice a week) during work breaks. She has a Baby-G but doesn't want to wear that one to work.

So I'm looking for a sub-1000$ woman's dress watch that has a water proof rating good enough for regular swimming sessions. Has to be Swiss (or at least serviceable in Switzerland - Seiko, for example, isn't) and an automatic, but I'd be willing on compromising on the latter. Do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
27,204 Posts
Seiko 007. It's trendy for ladies to wear bigger watches these days, it's bulletproof, and you need not worry about serving... When it needs one just throw it away

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seiko 007. It's trendy for ladies to wear bigger watches these days, it's bulletproof, and you need not worry about serving... When it needs one just throw it away
If it were for myself, I'd go with that one in a heartbeat - but she wants dressy and small. I believe the biggest watch she owns is a 30ish mm Maurice Lacroix :-/

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,126 Posts
Sinn Modell 456 St I --> 456 St I
Gehäusedurchmesser: 28,0 mm
Lederarmband: €1050,00 incl MwSt.
Druckfest bis 20 bar (= 200 m Wassertiefe)
ETA 2671

Sinn_456-St-I_V_28mm.jpg

You should replace the band for swimming, or buy the bracelet.

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,126 Posts
Marcello C. Lady Tridente

Gehäuse: massives Edelstahlgehäuse satiniert und poliert
Armband: massives, verschraubtes Edelstahlband mit
Wasserdicht: bis 500 m
Kaliber: ETA 2671 Automatik
Ø 32,5 mm, H 11,6 mm

Lady Tridente 1000.1 mit silber ZB: €798,00 incl MwSt.
Marcello_C_Lady_Tridente_1000_silber.jpeg

Lady Tridente 1000.2 mit schwarzem ZB: €798,00 incl MwSt.
Marcello_C_Lady_Tridente_1000_schwarzem.jpeg

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Reactions: dawiz

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
Tag Heuer Ladies Quartz. Just over the upper limit of your budget but 200m 'dressy diver'. With a screw down crown it will have no problem coping in the pool, and the ladies love this watch, believe me.

Tag ladies.jpg

Reactions: dawiz

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys - I ended up ordering a Tissot PR 100 automatic for my wife - hasn't arrived at the AD yet, though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts