WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
My Felix arrived last week and I've been wearing it off and on. I have no real complaints. Went with the stainless steel solid caseback version with leather strap option. I like this modern version of a WWI trench watch and it's easy to wind and set. The leather strap is what it is, nothing great. I just don't think it fits with the style of the watch. Not really the fault of the strap because is seems OK. I think a leather NATO strap would fit this watch much better because of the wire like lugs. For about $212 all in and delivered it turned into a good deal.

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
My experience after owning it for a month or so:

The STP movement proved to be exactly what I had hoped. It was reasonably well adjusted - better as expected than any base or élaboré grade ETA or Sellita I had tested, though I never tested isochronism - and although it was running 14-18 seconds fast out of the box, I was able to regulate it very well for a combination of life on a winder (gaining a second or two a day) and wrist wear (losing a few spd).

The size, the short lugs, and the original design are all pleasing to me, though it could stand to be thinner (and probably is with the solid back).

My only serious critiques of it remain the weak lume and the stiff leather strap, and the strap is easy enough to change. It's quite a good wacth all in all, and for the price those of us who got in late paid, it was a superb deal.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·

My opinion at this point.

Stp11 movement: Very impressed. After 3 weeks of non stop wear I am at 10 seconds fast or 10/21 = 0.476 seconds per day. It does feel weird to screw the crown back in. Not off just different.

Straps: Complete trash, on par with cheapest nato straps or maybe worse. I threw away the ballistic strap it came with as I couldn't fathom some poor soul being burdened with it. Bought a BluShark Canvasoft 2.0 (worse than 1.0 btw) which fits it fine.

Lume: Laughable on par with most Swiss watches.

Crown is kind of big, not an issue.

Touch of orange throughout is nice. Generally pleased no real complaints. A gem at this price ($190).

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought this watch about 3-4 months ago, it worked great for a while, but after a few weeks of use, the seconds hand wouldn't back up after resetting the time. It'd move 2-3 seconds and stop again, so it'd take sometimes up to 3-4 minutes of winding/hacking my watch over and over to get the seconds hand moving again. Being an automatic watch n00b I figured I was doing something wrong. It would eventually start back up and maintain a solid +12-13 per day after repeating this process of hacking/winding/shaking/tapping the watch.

Unfortunately, this seconds hacking problem persisted. No idea if I got an over-oiled movement or what, but after reading some reviews on MassDrop about the stem falling out on a few folks' watches (STP1-11 Movement), I figured this might be more trouble than it was worth to try and repair/maintain my first automatic watch. Drop let me return the watch for a full refund, but I'm definitely bummed out because I really dig the look of this watch.

Going with a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer (Black Aluminum case) for a replacement.

·
Registered
692 Posts
It looks like this Felix will be the last watch ever produced by Drop. Drop claims that they are not going to be selling any watches on their website and will focus only on audio equipment and headphones. So the days of buying watches on Drop seem to be over. Too bad. I bought several watches over on their site and got some good deals. Of course I had to wade through a lot of crap watches over time to finally find the ones I wanted, but hey, not that big of a problem. Still have my Felix. Is it now a collectable? I doubt it but it's been a good little watch....

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
hi guys where i can buy streps for this watches?
20mm for a leather strap, 22mm for a Nato. You can find these anywhere on your favorite shopping apps, www.Amazon.com www.Ebay.com etc. Google Shopping | Find the best prices and places to buy. etc.

Not sure what you're looking for but I would recommend these sites in the United States.

Watch Bands & Straps | Shop the World's Best Selection | StrapsCo

BluShark - A better breed of nylon watch strap (blusharkstraps.com)

Watch Straps | Leather & NATO Straps | Crown & Buckle | Crown & Buckle (crownandbuckle.com)

NATO Straps and Watch Bands | Clockwork Synergy

Watch Straps — Holben's Fine Watch Bands (holbensfinewatchbands.com)

Not my favorites but popular

CheapestNATOstraps.com - Quality watchstraps at the best prices

NATO Style Watch Straps | Slip-Thru Watch Bands – Barton Watch Bands

With that said it seems you might be in Kyrgyzstan. Perhaps, your local shopping site? Or is there a local jeweler watch repair you can go to

Shop online in Kyrgyzstan at Svetofor marketplace - national ecommerce leader - most trusted online stores in one place: compare prices, buy online, product reviews, free delivery, low shipping rate in Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek

If you want suggestions from me, get a decent quality nato strap. I'm assuming due to your low post count and the question you asked, you probably don't have a large collection or consistently swap straps out. So, spending a little bit more is probably worth it for you.

If you want leather look into Colareb and if you're interested in Nato Straps look for seatbelt quality or the sort.

sorry, I can't be more help.

Reactions: Koyl and dmjonez

·
Registered
5 Posts
20mm for a leather strap, 22mm for a Nato. You can find these anywhere on your favorite shopping apps, www.Amazon.com www.Ebay.com etc. Google Shopping | Find the best prices and places to buy. etc.

Not sure what you're looking for but I would recommend these sites in the United States.

Watch Bands & Straps | Shop the World's Best Selection | StrapsCo

BluShark - A better breed of nylon watch strap (blusharkstraps.com)

Watch Straps | Leather & NATO Straps | Crown & Buckle | Crown & Buckle (crownandbuckle.com)

NATO Straps and Watch Bands | Clockwork Synergy

Watch Straps — Holben's Fine Watch Bands (holbensfinewatchbands.com)

Not my favorites but popular

CheapestNATOstraps.com - Quality watchstraps at the best prices

NATO Style Watch Straps | Slip-Thru Watch Bands – Barton Watch Bands

With that said it seems you might be in Kyrgyzstan. Perhaps, your local shopping site? Or is there a local jeweler watch repair you can go to

Shop online in Kyrgyzstan at Svetofor marketplace - national ecommerce leader - most trusted online stores in one place: compare prices, buy online, product reviews, free delivery, low shipping rate in Kyrgyzstan, Bishkek

If you want suggestions from me, get a decent quality nato strap. I'm assuming due to your low post count and the question you asked, you probably don't have a large collection or consistently swap straps out. So, spending a little bit more is probably worth it for you.

If you want leather look into Colareb and if you're interested in Nato Straps look for seatbelt quality or the sort.

sorry, I can't be more help.
Thank you very much for the detailed answer, it was probably strange to see such a comment on this forum, I'm not a big fan of watches, but I really liked the watches from this topic, but I only see the version with a leather strap on sale.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Thank you very much for the detailed answer, it was probably strange to see such a comment on this forum, I'm not a big fan of watches, but I really liked the watches from this topic, but I only see the version with a leather strap on sale.
No problem, glad to help. If you do end up buying and acquiring straps feel free to come back here and post about your experience both with the watch/straps and how you acquired them. We don't have much perspective on what it takes to be a watch enthusiast in your part of the world.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
^Pairs well w/ the second's hand and the splash of orange on the crown. Well done.

Reactions: Saswatch

·
Registered
5 Posts
please tell me, I heard that many had a problem with the crown, does anyone have the same problem here? if yes, how much did the repair cost you?

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
please tell me, I heard that many had a problem with the crown, does anyone have the same problem here? if yes, how much did the repair cost you?

I have had no problems with the crown. Albeit neither movement in this watch is as reliable as Seiko 7s/4/quartz/etc.

Perhaps you misunderstood, "splash of orange?"

I am talking about the color orange on the crown.

Reactions: Koyl

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had no problems with the crown. Albeit neither movement in this watch is as reliable as Seiko 7s/4/quartz/etc.

Perhaps you misunderstood, "splash of orange?"

I am talking about the color orange on the crown.
I saw this complaints in drop discussion, for some, this crown unscrews completely, and for some it turns but does not adjust the clock hand, so I thought maybe someone else had a similar problem, I also saw a couple of ads with a sale and I wonder how much the repair will cost

·
Registered
5 Posts
and one more question any differences between STP 1-11 and Sellita, which one is more preferable?

·
Registered
Casio F-91W
627 Posts
and one more question any differences between STP 1-11 and Sellita, which one is more preferable?
They’re both 2824-2 clones and my thoughts are it depends on the watch manufacturers they do any QC checks during assembly or make improvements to the clone movements.

Linking a discussion on this question:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anybody know what the 3 digit number etched on the case back is? I have two Felix watches. Ones has 247 and one has 001.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Does anybody know what the 3 digit number etched on the case back is? I have two Felix watches. Ones has 247 and one has 001.
Production number, mine is 497.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

Recent activity in this thread convinced me to wear the watch today. Rainy day in Jasper County, Iowa.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts