WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First poster here after lurking for a while.

So I dropped my Seiko Blue Monster yesterday while putting on my shoes with the watch in my shirt pocket. I've only just noticed it now runs 2min too fast from previously 11s too slow. I'll probably take it to a service centre since it's still under warranty, but should I be concerned about permanent damage having been made to the movement? I'm 176cm, so it couldn't have fallen beyond a height of about 120cm (~4ft).

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
First poster here after lurking for a while.

So I dropped my Seiko Blue Monster yesterday while putting on my shoes with the watch in my shirt pocket. I've only just noticed it now runs 2min too fast from previously 11s too slow. I'll probably take it to a service centre since it's still under warranty, but should I be concerned about permanent damage having been made to the movement? I'm 176cm, so it couldn't have fallen beyond a height of about 120cm (~4ft).

Cheers.
When you inquire about your warranty don't mention that you dropped it from a height. I don't think dropping a watch is being covered by warranty.

I think no one here can tell you if the movement has been permanently damaged. I would say no and the movement will be fine, though I wouldn't bet money on it.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I am sure Seiko can fix it. Just hope that they don't come to the conclusion that it suffered damage from a drop or they will charge for the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Send it in. I would bet money that the movement will be replaced. Then they will check it. Make sure it is within spec. Send it back to u no charge. They will not spend time trying to figure out what went wrong. They know u f.... It up.

My opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts